lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear flip seat install help please

I need some help fellas. I did some picture searching before posting and didn't come up with anything. I have a 2004 precedent. I bought it used and had a rear seat on it. Not sure what kind. I decided to change it and put a flip seat for the extra utilit of it and I needed seat covers, so two birds with one stone kind of thing. My problem is evidently this new seat (bought from golf cart king) needs some factory brackets or mounting for the front seat (I'm guessing?). I'm including some pics of what I have mounted on the cart. For the seat all I have is a plate with tabs on the bottom the seat sets on and two 10mm bolts at the top. It's a plate about 2ft wide and maybe 8-10" tall. Looks like that may be factory? Can you guys let me know what I'm missing or what I need to get to mount my front seat. Thanks in advance. If I need to post pics of anything else let me know.

Here's how the seat mounts. It's an aftermarket seat but the factory one I had mounts the same.

Cartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rear flip seat install help please

Anyone? Basically I need pics of the stock mounting of the front seat, the part your back rests against.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:22 PM   #3
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you know what factory brackets you need, part number or pictures maybe?
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 11:33 PM   #4
crash test dummy

brand of new rear seat ?
Old 10-31-2016, 09:18 AM   #5
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Will the front seat slide over the bottom brackets or rest on top of them? It should just bolt to the upper one. Is that now how it works?
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:24 AM   #6
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

I don't know the name brand. The box was blank. I got it from golf cart king. The bottom of the seat has slots that sit on a bracket with tabs and then two 10mm bolts at the top. That's how the factory seat back is too. These brackets just have square tubes on the bottom. No holes in them. Like the seat back brackets just slip in and should have some square tubes to go in the tubes on those brackets. I don't have anything like that with my seat I have now.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:41 AM   #7
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyre View Post
Will the front seat slide over the bottom brackets or rest on top of them? It should just bolt to the upper one. Is that now how it works?
No it won't slide over and the top bracket holes do line up but they are angled down and the square tubes are in the way. If I did bolt it to the upper brackets it would be angled down and the square tubes would be hitting you in the back. The seat won't slip over the square tubes, the square tubes are 1"X1" and the slots in the seat are maybe 1/4" by 1" long.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:27 AM   #8
crash test dummy

Questions?
Ring The King: 877-960-KING (5464)
Old 10-31-2016, 12:05 PM   #9
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Don't know who makes it? What does the rest of that MODZ label say on it (at the bottom of the first pic)?

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:00 AM   #10
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks fellas. I got it figured out. Golf cart king sent me the wrong seat back (well it's aftermarket and I asked for factory). They sent me out a new factory one yesterday. I wanted to change the seat color from tan to black and that's why I ordered all new seats. I guess the guy was trying to save me some money by giving me aftermarket ones, I'd rather have quality tho and spend more if I have to. Thanks again fellas for trying to help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car