lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
jrtaylor41
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage readings

Hi Everyone, New to the site.

Can anyone tell me where to find what the voltage readings should be on a 91 electric golf cart. I am trying to get a reading from the various points to try and isolate a problem. For some time now I have been getting stranded because my cart will lose power somewhere. I can lift the rear axle off the ground, press the pedal and the wheel will turn slowly but it is very easy to take your hand and stop it. Then for no reason it will return to full power and will work fine, sometimes for days and then with out warning here we go again. Does anyone have any advice?
jrtaylor41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage readings

We need s'more info...A 91 could be a controller or a resistor cart do you know which it is ? And you say electric.....we are in the Ezgo electric section so are we to assume it is an Ezgo?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum jrtaylor41.................

The 1st place to start is to disconnect and clean each battery cable one by one and replace any cable that has severe corrosion or frayed ends at the connector.

2nd, Make sure all the batteries have water above the plates but not a high level in the filler hole.

3rd, check voltage of the batteries by checking both post on each battery with a meter. Check 1 battery at a time, then check the whole pack from where the batteries no longer connect to other batteries. (No need to disconnect the batteries.)

Let us know......... There are plenty of folks here willing to help.

Note: As ScottyB said, we need more info on your cart.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
jrtaylor41
Not Yet Wild

OK I will tell you what I can. It is a 1991 ezgo golf cart. I am pretty sure it is a controller type but not completely sure. I have tested all batteries and cables. I have replaced any bad cables and I replaced all batteries about 1 year ago. I have tested the batteries collectively read about 38 volts fully charged and I have tested them under power and they still hold good voltage. I am quite certain the batteries are fine. At one time I thought the selineiod was bad because It seemed that when it was acting up I could tap the selenoid and it would start working again. (However, I no longer think that is the problem
Old 11-09-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Check the hubs. Sounds like you stripped or are in the process of stripping one or both of the rear hubs aka brake drums.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #6
jrtaylor41
Not Yet Wild

I checked the hubs and they are ok. It appears that there is a significant loss of power and if the hubs were stripped the power would remain strong but go no where.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:25 AM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Can you post a picture of your battery/motor bay?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO