lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
accsupt
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 Precendent OBC issues

I manage a fleet of 40 of these carts. I have never had to replace an OBC until this spring. I have replaced 5 already and have two more that won"t charge and suspect bad OBC"s also.Something is not right Could a dirty power supply from the utility company or faulty grounding be the problem. Had main power surge put in a couple of years ago. Any help would be appreciated.
accsupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Precendent OBC issues

Maybe switch over to a smart power supply and eliminate the OBC all together. ScottyB (sponsor) has them at his site cartsunlimited. you should have some sort of utility surge protection though if your in suspecision of the power company, they can spike anytime without warning and fry a controller, OBC or whatever.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you use the same charger in different carts? If so you could have a charger with a bad suppression diode that is blowing up the OBCs.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #4
deeboy59
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hi guys, first time posting and really enjoy the site ! I've got eight 2006 DS models that have been working great. About two weeks ago, not one, not two, but three of them and possibly a fourth , all have stopped charging. It looks as though the OBC's on all have gone south. all have there own factory charger that seem to be working fine. So when I read this thread I thinking " Dang, what a coincidence, or not? ! " ....
deeboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #5
crash test dummy

seems strange but reading the forum there is an up tick in OBC failures this year ... maybe an alien invasion is imminent...

if charge cycle is interrupted it will cause problems .. always do an OBC reset if you think obc is bad it's quick and ez ..
Old 06-10-2014, 06:41 AM   #6
deeboy59
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks 'Crash', I'll try that !
deeboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car