lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Lifted
Gone Wild

Default My club car project!

Here is my 1988 club car (I know I said it was a 1999, but turns out the serial number makes it a 198. First off, I'd like to say, this may be a VERY slow process. The parts I'm looking at, I cant afford to be buying one per week....probably only one per month, if I'm lucky! So anyways, onto the good stuff!

This is the club car I posted about earlier in the week. I've been driving it around, I love it. Runs great, now to just spice it up a little bit. However, Ive been riding them for quite a few years, but just got into the mechanics of them, so I'll be asking ALOT of silly questions. Hopefully I can get help and make this one hell of a cart!

I have quite a few ideas for it. Lift, new tires/wheels, remove "backseat", put a utility bed on it and possibly new seats. I have a few more ideas pertaining the electrical work, which I need to learn before I do it. So, here we go.

I did search/read before asking these questions with poor to no results. So please bare with me.

I've read some stuff on the amp controller, mainly 400 or 500. What does that do exactly? I've seen what they look like, but thats it. It looks like it just plugs in somewhere. Is this true or is there more to it?

I enjoy lifted carts, true, but dont jump on my case when I ask this question. Is the installation process for a lift kit fairly easy? I have never done it before and would like to install one on my cart, eventually. Ive seen what the lift kit includes, which doesnt seem like theres much to it. Just asking, be gentle!

Last question...for now. When I've been looking at all the different stuff I would like to upgrade, I was blown away! This stuff is NOT cheap! Are most cart related stuff (lift kits, utility beds, etc) in the $300-$400 range? Also, for parts/accessories, what places do you recommend?

Thanks to anyone who actually reads it all. Like I said, I'm new to the mechanics of golf carts, so I'm eager to learn!

-Lifted
Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: My club car project!

i know the feeling on building one slow... im in the process right now... lots of ideas but not enough money for them all,, found my engine week or so ago (lucky for me a friend gave me a 16hp briggs) but didnt have a starter still waiting on it to come in,,, got a drive clutch on the way last night,,, still tring to decide if i want to use my oem rims or save and get rims and tires.....

i have put an a-arm lift on a 95 cc, it was easy..

i will be getting a 6" a arm lift,,,
i like the 4 cup holder dash w/dual locking glove box
gonna camo it
i like the swampfox/mudlite and a couple other tire can decide which ill get
have a few other ideas...

im learning bout the big block install(slowly,) dont know anything about the electric though,,,,
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
Lifted
Gone Wild

Sounds like you have a nice project coming along.
I know almost nothing about the electric motors, but I plan on learning through this project (hopefully).

Cant wait to get it started.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted View Post

Last question...for now. When I've been looking at all the different stuff I would like to upgrade, I was blown away! This stuff is NOT cheap! Are most cart related stuff (lift kits, utility beds, etc) in the $300-$400 range? Also, for parts/accessories, what places do you recommend?

Thanks to anyone who actually reads it all. Like I said, I'm new to the mechanics of golf carts, so I'm eager to learn!

-Lifted
Lifted,

Go to the Site Sponsors button on the second blue bar from the top of your screen. Don't just look at their web pages, go ahead a call them. Talk to a real person and I guarantee that all of them will be glad to help you find the right parts at the right price. I bought my lift from Jake's and they had a small problem with a change in vendors for some tires. They called me to let me know what the problem was, then offered to make it right or give me a refund. Turned out that everything was shipped correctly even though they thought it wasn't. That is attention to detail and true customer service!! To call me up before there was ever a problem is the type of service you can expect, and that alone is worth buying from the sponsors of this site!!

Oh and.....WELCOME TO BGW!!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #5
Lifted
Gone Wild

Thanks Arcitech. I'll give them call and see what I can come up with.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
Lifted
Gone Wild

Fixed the whole connector problem. Replaced it and just rode it around for 20 mins. I noticed it needed a good charge.

Plan on building a small trailer for garden uses. That'll be fun to do during the winter.
Also, I will need help deciding on new wheels/tires for when I get a lift kit.

Most likely going to a 6" lift, so any help on the best combo for that would be appreciated.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

do you want mud tires or non aggessive turf type tires....if you want mud tires,,, i looked at just about every tire there is,,, i like the dirt devil and the super lites... the super lite are exactly like the mudlites just cheaper,,,

i finally got all my motor ready, except the drive clutch,, waiting on it to come in,,, so i can put it in the cradle and see what i have to do to mount it, which exhaust ill use adn wire it up....ill have to wait on teh lift for a while,,, i could do a z lift,, but i dont want to cut my frame,, but its cheap,,,, free if you can fab and have metal,,,,,,,
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
Lifted
Gone Wild

I wouldnt be doing anything extreme with them. Probably just going through deep grass, possible snow.

Thats good. Get pictures of it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides