lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #11
AddctdGmbler
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Suggestions for new motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extractor View Post
What are you looking for? What kind of speed do you want out of it? Any current gps readings? We all like pics too. If we can narrow down your goal you'll get less fluff in your responses. Rear seats on your cart? Also, do you have a budget? That can really narrow down your options also.

and remember... 1-800-admit-it
No GPS readings as i don't currently have a motor in this thing.

No back seat but may put one on in time. Just a plain old cart I bought from a golf course that was buying a new fleet of carts.

In the future I wouldn't mind having a back seat on it but that's it. No lift kits or big tires on this one. This is just a family cart to cruise the neighborhood. It is a hilly neighborhood.

Would like to get around 20mph. Obviously the best of both worlds too. I'd like a little torque with that. I have a few hills in the neighborhood that are pretty long. One of them about a half mile long and it could put a strain on a motor with a full load.

No budget really, just something that would be a nice fit for my needs.
AddctdGmbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #12
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

My 500amp alltrax controller, 4ga cables, and D395 motor gave me about 21mph with gobs of torque. Look up BRS and see what he has done. I think he has the D380 speed motor and does 26+mph but not much torque. Hope this helps a little. Personally if you are going to haul passengers with a back seat up some hills I would go with a torque motor. Here's some results:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...e-results.html
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
dcannow
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeh--I hope it is over. I just got my stiches out from the last motor go around!!
dcannow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #14
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

[walking on eggshells]
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:05 AM   #15
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Hey Gambler check your private messages !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #16
pjshane
Getting Wild

Club Car

I am very happy with my new D & D motor powered by an Alltrax 500 amp controller. I've had to tune down acceleration to keep golfing buddies from jumping my cart into lagoons.

I had a lot of fun yesterday when I was tooling down our community road around 20 mph and was being overtaken by a fast EZ-GO. As he pulled even, I floored it to over 30 mph and left him shaking his head. Due to traffic, he caught up at the next stop sign and asked "What did I have in that thing?" I have a Garmin portable GPS and know the speeds.

Adjusting MCOR linkage discussed in another thread made a huge difference.

BTW: 30 is too fast for a vehicle that can turn that quick and toss out an unaware passenger.
pjshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #17
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

hey pjshane, quick question....what motor do you have?
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #18
pjshane
Getting Wild

Club Car

D & D 170-506-0002 at $379.00. The thing would raise the front wheels off the ground until I tuned the acceleration back using laptop to program the Alltrax 500 amp controller. The controller cost more at $551 than the motor.

Just replacing the motor before changing away from the stock Curtis controller made a huge difference. I might have been satisfied, but had already paid for the Alltrax. Taking up the slack in the MCOR made a huge difference. Check for my signature below for more detail.
pjshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car