lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
bookum1@yahoo.com
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile New cart suggestions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am debating buying a used cart and upgrading. I am hoping to use the cart for hunting and other activities. I don't see a lot of mud, but there are some fairly steep hills that are somewhat groomed. I was quoted a proce of 3400 for a 05 EZ-GO 36 volt cart with a speed chip new tires and new lift and new Batteries. Would it be better to buy a cheap used cart and make the additions my self.

One more question. Is the current motor adequate for this use, or would a motor/controller upgrade be recommended.
bookum1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
alarep5
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New cart suggestions

bookum1- good luck with the decision of what type of cart to buy
here is my 2 cents

I know that the world is trying to go green and I wish I could get on board by getting an elec cart, but elec is so inconvenient, isn't it?
If you are out in the boondocks for a few days, where do you plug it in for recharge?
You will need a pretty good generator, ...more $.
If you get stuck that may chew up some battery life, if you use a winch, that will chew up batt life.
Not to mention the added weight of 6 or more batteries.

I just have a hard time thinking that an elec cart is the way to go for me. I go on a week long camping trip every year and I couldn't imagine recharging the battery during that time. My felllow campers would not appreciate my generator running all night.
And there you go, I am still running a gas motor to drive my cart.
Doesn't make much sense to me.

If you are willing to own an older cart, and your willing to spend $3,400, I would think you could find a 2000ish model with an oversized gas motor.

Good luck!
alarep5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

An 05 ezgo is a good choice. Whether it is series or pds cart you can upgrade later. Yes, you could possibly save $ doing your own upgrades if that is your thing....If not then it could end up costing you more
If you get an 05 straight off the golf course needing batteries and fix it up you could go with a 48v conversion also.... or have a local shop give a bid on building you what you want.....research your options. Which is why you posted the question, right?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
bamarich
Not Yet Wild

Brand new to the realm of golf carts... but I bought a lifted 05 TXT EZGO cart last week for 2300. It has an All-Sport lift, Goodyear tires... but no back seat. In the opinion of the guy I purchased it from, he said purchase a larger motor from ********* rather than go with a bigger controller. By far that's cheaper than going with brand new for me.
bamarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts