lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2019, 11:43 AM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Can't decide what to build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod-Realtor View Post
Not interested in a 100 mph cart lol.

What do you mean by adaptability?

Seems like the Club Car's have a VERY strong following. With a budget of 5-8k what would be the best Club Car model to get to 25-30 mph, lower and get a very nice set of wheels for? Gas carts are allowed in our Country Club.
Any club car would get you 25-30mph with the right upgrades. It's just your preference for body style. DS is classic club car and have a strong following for a reason. Precedent is also very nice. Newer model is the onward which is basically an updated precedent.

I would recommend an electric cart for 25-30mph if you want it to be reliable and not obnoxious. My last gas DS would cruise 25-26mph all day long on 20" tires but I replaced the stock blown up FE290 engine with a FE350 from a.precedent. my last electric DS would cruise the same speed, and on 25" tires would run 30mph. It was scary going that fast IMO but the electric cart going that speed was soooooo much quieter... not that the gas one (blue one) was "loud", it really wasn't. The wind noise was louder than the motor. But the electric was basically silent, which was nice. If that was something I was going for, and I'd be driving it regularly, I would go electric no question.

I've attached pictures of both I refer to above. The black one was electric, 48V. Admiral MOT-A1 motor, alltrax sr48400 controller, hd solenoid, 2ga cables, new MCOR4, 6" lift, wheels, tires, etc. Probably plenty I'm forgetting.

The blue one is gas, with FE350, 1" lift (just to clear the 20" tires), wheels, new clutches, refreshed all the suspension, steering, etc.

Both carts were sold for the same price, 3k. Deals are out there if you dont mind putting some wrench time into them, and it doesnt have to be hard. And I wouldnt be afraid of taking it apart, they're really not hard. I can have a body stripped off of a DS in less than a half hour. And it gives SOOOOO much more room to work with not trying to fight through access holes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190811_161830.jpg (529.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190515_160534.jpg (316.9 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2019, 12:51 PM   #22
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I found a few 72V's on the used market starting about 5-6k. Sure beats paying 8-10k for a new one and leaves me money for upgrades.

Dumb question. With a flip up rear seat, how do you haul your golf clubs? I haven't seen any provisions that allow you to flip up the seat and expose a method to keep your golf club bag from falling off the cart.
The factory builds a golf model and a model with a back seat. I'm sure there rear seat kits for the golf model. In either case I would think it would be easy to configure it back to golf.
If you wanted to keep the back seat there are kits (attachments) to accommodate golf clubs. Very common in my area.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:05 PM   #23
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I did some research on Bob Boyce. Seems he's the guru on hopping up these 72V carts according to this thread.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...r-slow-16.html
About how much does it cost to get a 72V cart up to 30 mph? Is it simply a "tune"? Or are there more parts to buy plus the tune?
This is a controller tune. No parts necessary. Bob doesn't charge for this service (for forum members) but he does take donations. In addition to top speed he can tune acceleration and regen braking. Best if he is at the cart, comes to you or you come to him, but he can do it by mail also. There are exceptions.
This can also be done on a RXV(48v and AC motor). He did mine a year ago. 32mph on the flats easily. Holds speed on incline much better than DC carts even without Bob's tune. Again, there are exceptions. All RXV's are not eligible.

Here's a pic of the cart. It is not lifted or lowered. Drive train is stock except for controller tune.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0631.jpg (612.6 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:21 PM   #24
Hotrod-Realtor
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post

Here's a pic of the cart. It is not lifted or lowered. Drive train is stock except for controller tune.
Good looking cart Kernal. Seems like a great option for what I'm trying to accomplish.
Hotrod-Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:29 PM   #25
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
The factory builds a golf model and a model with a back seat. I'm sure there rear seat kits for the golf model. In either case I would think it would be easy to configure it back to golf.
If you wanted to keep the back seat there are kits (attachments) to accommodate golf clubs. Very common in my area.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides