lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2019, 05:17 AM   #1
illumastorm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default my "new" free golf cart

here's a little long intro so bare with me LOL.... brought home my "new" free golf cart yesterday. well it's "new" to me LOL... it had been sitting out behind a garage for at least 5 years, tires flat, sinking into the mud (we had to drag it out to the driveway), rear brakes locked up, an even had moss growing in places LOL... but it was FREE!!!!! an even i know golf carts are worth something if nothing else then to get some parts off it so i went an got it. spent some time an figured out the brakes were rusted to the drums, got those busted loose an the drums are ok (need a good sanding but no pits so i can reuse them) but the shoes are complete junk. i took carb off an apart an not much gunk in it so a good soaking an back together. shot some oil/gas mix into spark plug hole an cranked over by hand an it turned smooth!! hooked up a battery, turned key on, stepped on gas an it started cranking, an it had a nice bright spark!! put plug back in, hooked up a temp fuel line (cause i wanted to drain gas tank an didnt want any old gas getting into clean carb an haven't cleaned the fuel pump yet) an tried starting it an surprise it fired up!!! while test running it i noticed the clutch was not moving (of course it spins but not moving sideways to tighten belt), so i took cover off an found it has a comet duster clutch with a bunch of black weight things which all look like new, but i noticed a lot of rust on the shaft. after some penetrating oil an light hammering i got the outer part of clutch off but shaft needs light sanding then it should slide. the drive belt however is junk so needs a new one. i couldn't find the serial # that is suppose to be on driver side under bumper, but i did find it on the passenger side under bumper, turns out it is a 1986 G1-AM. anyway i'll be posting pics of it as soon as i figure out how to LOL..
illumastorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha