lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2016, 10:14 AM   #1
Johnnybgoood1
Not Yet Wild

Default EH-29C leaking gas

I have this E-Z-Go car I bought and the lady says it hasn't worked in 2 years, so I said what the heck the outside looks very clean so what could be wrong? well after changing the gas lines as they were brittle and when I tried to start it were spewing gas from multiple locations, so after the lines were changed I tried to start it again with a little help of some ether it started but wouldn't stay running, I looked at the carb and there are 2 small lines 1 on each side of the main and both are leaking profusely, I cant see where they connect to as there is no nipples or ports for them to go to, I believe this is why the engine wont stay running...and help on where these lines connect to?
Johnnybgoood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: EH-29C leaking gas

Welcome to BGW Johnnyb!

Thread moved and a courtesy bump!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
mamonti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'll take a guess but I just started working on the gas models. First you will need to define what engine you are talking about as to what year is the cart, is it a two stroke or twin and so on. But since I have two carts here, one someone torn down and the other is a fire job I am trying to figure everything out as to the hoses and wiring. But here is my guess. If the hoses that are leaking are very small they may be overflow hoses that do no connect to any think and are there if the float sticks to allow the gas to flow out. So If my guess is true then you probably have a stuck float and will need to take your carb off and clean it out.

Duh,,, my bad.......I just noticed your title so you have a 295 engine and that is what I am working on so I do believe my guess is right but hopefully someone will give you more exact and knowledgeable answer
mamonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:37 AM   #4
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So far I agree, if they are about 1/8" diameter hoses it's most likely a stuck float, could you possibly upload a photo of what exactly your talking about? If the cart sat for 2 years regardless the carb probably needs a good cleaning. Disassemble completely, soak for 24 hours, nylon brushes, torch tip cleaners, possible rebuild kit. If it's running off either (as guilty as I am this is a bad idea) your issues most likely sit in that carb. And your probably going to want to flush the fuel tank.....someone may have a better idea but I always dump it, fill with cold water to purge the fumes, dump it, wash it out with dawn dish soap and hot water a few times. When feasible I'll add a handful of 1/4" nuts and shake them around with the soapy water (make sure your able to get them back out and there aren't any floats pumps etc that can be damaged before you try this, if in doubt don't do this part) then a few good rinses and let her dry for a few days.
Sean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO