lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

Default Where to purchase ct rebuilds or motors and more

Looking to purchase a 375 engine looking at ct rebuilds or motors and more any feedback on either of these company's? Any suggestions where to purchase or any other company's out their?
whateverittakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where to purchase ct rebuilds or motors and more

I have been using CT exclusively for some time on my builds, Carrie is great to work with, their workmanship is top notch and the turnaround is insanely fast - can't speak of their warranty work though because I've never needed it - which of course is a very good thing, LOL.

If You call them, tell them Dale from Wisconsin referred Ya !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #3
ah1200
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How are they making a 295 in to a 375 any one taken one apart is it a different crank or is it board over that far??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ah1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #4
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

They use a stock bored piston from a 350 and run a 295 head on the 375 everything else is a 295 parts
Old 11-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
ah1200
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So they bore a stock 295 to fit a stock 350 piston and that's a 375 remember everyone saying the pin location a a 350 piston was different than a 295 and that wouldn't work the 295 is a 64 mm bore and a 350 is 67 mm if that's all they are doing I'm going to build one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

1 706 533 2698 - Just call Carrie and ask her whatever You want to know, better to get the info direct from the source as versus speculative answers that may or may not be the case.

A lot depends on whether your engine is MCI or pre-MCI, an MCI 295 head can NOT be used on a 350 engine, although with a pre-MCI it can - again, the best way to get the right answers in my opinion would be the source.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
whateverittakes
Getting Wild

Thats what carrie told me
Old 11-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #8
KWO361
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I had sent some parts to CT for repair and was extremely disappointed with the workmanship of repairs, turnaround of repairs vs. what she told me, missing the correct parts. A two day turnaround on parts turned into 3 months. Then sent me the wrong valve cover after I snt her mine in the first place. Missing head bolts, the cam was milled down and sent back to me. I was chasing an oil leak for weeks before I finally snapped that the cam being milled down will not fit the lip seal. She made it all good after I found the mistake. Forgot to add not being able to get ahold of her for weeks. I had to have an company that gives her work call her for me and get her to call me back. Just my .02
KWO361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #9
ah1200
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I called and she told me she puts a 350 standard piston in a 295 block and uses the 295 head and crank. that comes out to be around 319cc and low compression being the 350 piston is lower in the bore due to pin location. This is a de-stroked 350. not sure where 375cc comes from.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:51 PM   #10
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Hope it's OK to revive this topic. I just want to understand if the CT 375 (which is really 319 per the above) is really 13 HP and better than a standard 350 engine which is 11 HP.

Has any one tried this? Has anyone tried the Motors and More options?

Many thanks
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO