lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #11
squeek2oo1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What Happened To These Builds??????

Mine has fallen into this category, and has been passed on to a buddy that has got the motor installed but has also lost interest......
squeek2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Seems Yamahauler is back to page 2. There are reasons. If it's not exactly what I want, I will start over to fix the problem. Had a geat freind help with a roll bar and seat set up the other day. Hope to have some updates soon. PS, that was easy....not on the second page anymore!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Another one bites the dust, it's in the for sale section before it was finished. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/bike-...r-shuttle.html
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #14
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

EZGO HONDA BIG RED510SAM

sure hated to see this one fall too the seecond page,.....I'm planing on the same build this spring. ScottyB said these builds hardly ever work.
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The obvious problem is the weight difference. Everything on the ATV is engineered for 1/3rd of the weight of a golf cart and 1/2 the passengers. And 200cc? stock is 300 and better yet, Mine has 750cc. I know... gearing. But show me one that works well. If one of them does run, How long is the drive system going to work under 2 times the loads it was engineered to work? Axles? Bearing? Sprockets? Motor? Transmission? It is all engineered for a lightweight 3 wheel ATV.
Basically the idea is to take 2 useless vehicles and make one gem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #16
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

ScottyB i totally agree. I'm a design engineer, and a back yard shade tree, and from Mississippi. So it's a "hey yall watch this type thing".
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

ATV weighs 200lbs? Cart only weighs 600 stock right, but yes more people weight for sure. On the other hand I don't think you should expect a cart to burn the tires like the atv did in particular because most of the weight is on the rear. I agree using a cvt makes things way nicer, pretty hard to shift a cart unless you have tons of power so you don't have to shift much.

Can say my 420cc lawnmower engine certainly has the power this cart should have had stock lol, it will actually move with a little authority now. I did pull a 16' powerboat with it and it did better than stock but that sure slows them down. Its a slug, but acceleration hardly existed with the stock engine. But rarely need to pull that much.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
pitbullsdd1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

My build was completed, driving to the most extreme, blew the head gasket sold for 700$.

650cc Suzuki savage gold cart. Just had no brakes .
pitbullsdd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #19
Jax50
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I paired a Polaris 425 Magnum and a G9 like GroundPounder did with his trail Cart. The thing is a BEAST in the woods. The rearend is welded and has a torque spring. Its a blast to ride and show up the 4 wheeler guys... The Polaris clutch driven 4 wheeler motors are the way to go. Was pretty easy just had to make up the motor mounts.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/bike-...is-magnum.html
Jax50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #20
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

El kaboom!! No just a bump so I can add ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!! He sold the engine and now the carts for sale.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/bike-...r-shuttle.html
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps