lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default What Happened To These Builds??????

I would like to see this Thread find all the "Unfinished" BIKE ENGINE carts. Since I did finish mine and proved it will run I can call them out. So here's the first one- Suzuki Savage 650cc motor into Club Car pitbullsdd1.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What Happened To These Builds??????

If the project is still in progress with updates currently on pages 1 and 2 we don't need to list them as lost. Do we Tacoma
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
If the project is still in progress with updates currently on pages 1 and 2 we don't need to list them as lost. Do we Tacoma
I think I resemble that remark After 4 months of not working on it,made me feel good to get back on it. To be honest, some of the build threads "scared me" to think they were going to build them in a week....and think they'd work and live to tell the story! But I have been wrong so many times....
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #4
JRL
Gone Wild

I'd also fall into the slow but moving forward. The thing still runs great, the plastic is off and I'm still getting it ready to paint. We've been doing all sorts of things...not cart related.
Project is very much alive. I ride the thing, sans plastic, around the neighborhood.
Got everything here to complete the paint work. Gonna be red...the new Ford Mustang red.

JR
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Sometimes life gets in the way, this summer has been crazy to say the least. And I'm just trying to get a clone in a G9 that I have done before, except this one has advanced timing and cut head, etc minor mods. Almost have the engine back together today just have to put in pulse fitting and lap valves, put head on, flywheel shroud, etc. That and we have been breaking records here around 100F temps.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
JRL
Gone Wild

Yeah. We got the 100* temps too. Last few days we've had rain every afternoon. That's been a significant non-incentive to play in the barn...
I got some cat primer on the "hood" one afternoon. I've spent a lot of time trying to get an "8 ball" decal of some sort off the hood. It's finally flat. Gotta let that filling primer shrink a bit...that's an excuse for going slow!
Still, Kaw conversion runs perfect! The only issue I've encountered with a good many miles, is related to the chain loosening up and requiring adjustment. Another thing is that I don't like the 'feel' of the clutch, but it works like a wet clutch. Which it is.
Painting ain't my fav pastime either. I hate refinishing anything. Whenever I shoot something, I find tiny issues that need attention.
As for non-cart time, I've got an Astro Van that I spent a lot of time on this summer...LT4, 4X4, lockers...just a cool toy that no one notices. A right good bit of the golf car bucks got spent on the van this summer. And most of the available time. New Optispark, pump, intake manifold gaskets (major PITA on an LT4), new engine and trans oil coolers...and still gotta get the AC back to work. I'm pulling a Koala 21CS camper with this thing and it has done well. Didn't know how a 'Vette engine would work for that. I isn't ideal, but it works....so far.
I'll post some pics of the plastic one of these days.
I'm looking for a good Hyundai (I know, it ain't gonna happen) roll over or whatever was welded to the top of the seat backs. Most of a Hyundai G2 is similar to a Yamaha G2, but the ROP is not. Probably end up having someone form up a roll cage loop and and weld it to the seatbacks. I'm not even sure what was cut off? But, this thing needs ROP! It is hazard to one's health.
JR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LT4 Conv.JPG (57.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
Yeah. We got the 100* temps too. Last few days we've had rain every afternoon. That's been a significant non-incentive to play in the barn...
I got some cat primer on the "hood" one afternoon. I've spent a lot of time trying to get an "8 ball" decal of some sort off the hood. It's finally flat. Gotta let that filling primer shrink a bit...that's an excuse for going slow!
Still, Kaw conversion runs perfect! The only issue I've encountered with a good many miles, is related to the chain loosening up and requiring adjustment. Another thing is that I don't like the 'feel' of the clutch, but it works like a wet clutch. Which it is.
Painting ain't my fav pastime either. I hate refinishing anything. Whenever I shoot something, I find tiny issues that need attention.
As for non-cart time, I've got an Astro Van that I spent a lot of time on this summer...LT4, 4X4, lockers...just a cool toy that no one notices. A right good bit of the golf car bucks got spent on the van this summer. And most of the available time. New Optispark, pump, intake manifold gaskets (major PITA on an LT4), new engine and trans oil coolers...and still gotta get the AC back to work. I'm pulling a Koala 21CS camper with this thing and it has done well. Didn't know how a 'Vette engine would work for that. I isn't ideal, but it works....so far.
I'll post some pics of the plastic one of these days.
I'm looking for a good Hyundai (I know, it ain't gonna happen) roll over or whatever was welded to the top of the seat backs. Most of a Hyundai G2 is similar to a Yamaha G2, but the ROP is not. Probably end up having someone form up a roll cage loop and and weld it to the seatbacks. I'm not even sure what was cut off? But, this thing needs ROP! It is hazard to one's health.
JR
You dropped an LT4 into an Astro van? Your are one amazing man As for boldy work, just takes time (unless you farm it out). As for the roll bar/cage, think theres a thread/member that did a nice job on a G2 (very close to your car), either in desighn center or Yamaha gas threads. Much better then trying to mount to the side pillars. Great to see you post again, you are a true insperation/builder
Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
510sam
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
I've got an Astro Van that I spent a lot of time on this summer...LT4, 4X4, lockers...just a cool toy that no one notices.
you wheel that thing???

oya and to those that think my build will soon belong in this category hopefully i will prove you wrong, work has picked up again so that paired with the mild dissapointment that my 4 day build needs a little more than expected (like a dirty ATC axle swap and dirty recentering of wheels), just gotta devote a couple more days and the soon to be legendary "cop cart" will be alive

Last edited by 510sam; 07-18-2012 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: `stupidity
510sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510sam View Post
you wheel that thing???

oya and to those that think my build will soon belong in this category hopefully i will prove you wrong, work has picked up again so that paired with the mild dissapointment that my 4 day build needs a little more than expected (like a dirty ATC axle swap and dirty recentering of wheels), just gotta devote a couple more days and the soon to be legendary "cop cart" will be alive
Not at all, Rifters question has covered many pages of these builds. There is no need to "prove us wrong", You just keep building/having fun and have a safe build. Sometimes I think my build has taken to long, but it is a special build for me and I just take the time to make it the best I can for me.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #10
JRL
Gone Wild

The LT4/Astro has been my daily driver for 11 years. While it isn't "ugly", still pretty strange thing.
I'm trying to figure out how to get the cart into the Astro...it'll go without the steering wheel.
Probably need some sort of light electric winch to pull it up the ramps. I've driven atvs into the van, and that's a great way to get hurt too. About can't get low enough.
Re the roll cage, AFAIK, Hyundai never used the Yamaha styled side mount ROP, or, top support. Not sure what it had, but the seat backs is where it was attached. The seat back steel is a sermious structure.
JRu
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps