lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 PM   #21
hooliganink909
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 600rr ez go build

Ok this is my first day on this sight and I found alot of answers so far. I am doing something similar to this. I have a cbr 600 motor I am putting into what I think is a yamaha g2 golf cart. I got the cart for free and the bike for 200 so I am not blowing a whole ton of a cash on this build. ( It helps to work in the junk yard biz also LOL ) well I was wondering wont the power from the motor destroy the differential in the factory cart? Also does anyone know if they make a posi kit or how to make your cart posi besides welding the gears?? Thanks in advance for the help.........
hooliganink909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2010, 10:18 AM   #22
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I would think an Ezgo Workhorse brake cable would work. They are alittle longer then stock golf car cables.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #23
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Fine lookin work there!!!

Do yourself a favor when you have the differential torn down for the gear swap, remove all of the speed governor parts.. At the speeds you will be churning the axle, if those flyweights let go, it will grenade the differential..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #24
hooliganink909
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
Fine lookin work there!!!

Do yourself a favor when you have the differential torn down for the gear swap, remove all of the speed governor parts.. At the speeds you will be churning the axle, if those flyweights let go, it will grenade the differential..
Do you happen to know where I can get a diagram of my differential. I tried to find one but had no luck.
hooliganink909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:21 AM   #25
ez600rr
Not Yet Wild

I found longer brake cables, all the way to 75" for a limo... workhorse should work fine (Thanks for the advise)... put in 6:1 gears, but i think they sent the wrong ones, 1 turn of the wheel is 8 turns of the input shaft? To me that makes 8:1? pulling apart tomorrow to count the teeth (22/56 for 6:1?)... install was not too bad, but you need a good mechanical sense for sure... had to run the cart anyway to see, there was a big difference. Cruised nice at around 20 mph, got into the mid 50's on the gps before letting off. That was with 2 200 pound people in it... shifted 4 thru 6 and pulled really hard. Top heavy cart rides a little funny around 50... pretty sure it was unsafe, but real fun. so far i think this thing would be a ball at the dunes with paddles. cooling seems to be really good, drove it alot in 100 degree arizona sun and it stays cool with a 9" electric fan... installing 4 gal. fuel cell and doing all the final fit before tearing down to paint... still have a ways to go on the little things, but so far so good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 600RR EZ GO 031.jpg (147.6 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg 600RR EZ GO 030.jpg (141.2 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg 600RR EZ GO 029.jpg (154.8 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg 600RR EZ GO 028.jpg (120.8 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg 600RR EZ GO 027.jpg (90.0 KB, 136 views)
ez600rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:45 PM   #26
richie
ZZGONE

E-Z-GO

looks great! I cannot wait for mine to get done..............
richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #27
squeek2oo1
Gone Wild

Club Car

What are you using for a fuel pump? Where did you get your clamps that hold the rear sprocket in place on the shaft?
squeek2oo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:47 AM   #28
ez600rr
Not Yet Wild

spocket is held with 7/8 split lock collar from ebay... you have to shave just a bit off the clamp surface to make it clamp hard on the splines. Fuel pump is a walbro pump ($100 on ebay), works great, the regulator is off a 3.2 Honda V6 and has the the return on it... My buddy owns Arizona Performance Imports (check it out, arizonaperformanceimports.com) and set me up with it off one of his cars. Bike motor was 56 psi, and the car motor is 58 psi... works perfect! Will save you time and money going this route (will post pics of set up). If you need a regulator, let me know and I can get you set up through him i'm sure, or just find one used. You do have to know how to cut apart the factory hoses to get to the barbs (not that hard).
Old 05-27-2010, 02:02 AM   #29
ez600rr
Not Yet Wild

So heres what is going on with the gears... counted the teeth and they came up correct, 22/56 is 6:1 "internal", please correct me if i'm wrong... input shaft has a gear reduction on it also... final ratio to the sprocket is 8:1 with the 6:1 gears (who came up with that idea?). Works good and the more I drive it, the more fun it is... have not hit the rev limiter yet. I have owned some fast stuff, and still do, and i'll tell you it's a handful when you get on it.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #30
ez600rr
Not Yet Wild

While I was on this tonight I just figured out I had a couple PM's... don't know how to respond, so here it is. Thanks for the nice comments guys! I honestly don't think the cvt is the way to go, BUT! thats just an opinion... I'm new to this and just going off of what I have heard, and also what I have found so far. I am using 4 thru 6 gears, there is a TON of low end, thats actually all there is on this thing. With 26" tires I dont think it will be driveable topped out (this is not a drag cart, but a lifted one, pulls like a drag cart and handles like a wheel barrel haha)... but will be very useable at slow speeds, and will have all the low end anyone would want. I know it will be in the 60's EASY with a bigger tire, I have 23's now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps