lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2021, 09:48 AM   #1
Chevette_boy
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 301cc to 402cc swap

Has anyone swapped in the new 402cc j0g in place of the 301cc jn6 without buying one that’s ready to swap in? I can get the motor cheap best I can tell I have to swap the carb on to the 402 and swap flywheels and mount my magneto coil since the j0g come setup for efi or order mx400 carb parts. I have built custom motors so I can re balance flywheels make brackets etc I just have enough projects so if converting the 402 is a ton of work I’ll just rebuild my clapped out jn6. Just wondering because the parts cost for the jn6 is about the same as a whole j0g
Chevette_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 301cc to 402cc swap

Don Plowman has done this. He has a 402 engine kit available.

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1573847315&v=2

He might be able to tell you what needs done. Worth a phone call. I've asked for advice several times without buying anything and he's always very nice and helpful. Tell him you're on the BGW site.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #3
Chevette_boy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 301cc to 402cc swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Don Plowman has done this. He has a 402 engine kit available.

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/carts....1573847315&v=2

He might be able to tell you what needs done. Worth a phone call. I've asked for advice several times without buying anything and he's always very nice and helpful. Tell him you're on the BGW site.
Ya I have seen his kit but I have access to the engine significantly cheaper.....im sure he doesn’t want to give out all his r&d for free
Chevette_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts