lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: clubcar ds honda liquid cooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chrisapple View Post
Mooncarter is correct when the motor is in the tractor to get the starter off it has to be taken apart pretty **** far. But that isnt an issue on this one.lol no tractor around it. As well i got a super lucky score on fb a few weeks back.bought the same motor from a generator that ran for $10 only reason was to have spare parts.

I do have a question for you guys.i want to remove the governor from this motor bc the setup is in the way and the throotle works smoother without it.
What do people use for a rev limiter on the twin vangaurds? I am thinking a waste spark system that ties into the kill switch wire.
The motor has a magnet flywheel and 1 coil with 2 wires.what is recomended.ive looked at some thing but unclear about some of it
Make sure you don't NEED the governor to make it run correctly under load.
Wish I could help more, but it has been a long time since I messed with one of these motors.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 PM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Also, if you are using a Kubota "Dynamo" you will need a commutator to match. See my thread about "AC Dynamo." Others explained it better than I can. Would link it for you but I don't know how.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:31 AM   #13
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Nice build, I’ve been keeping an eye out for a cheap tractor with one of those engines. What year is your cart? Will the shifter be “backwards” from the normal F/R?
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:52 PM   #14
1chrisapple
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Also, if you are using a Kubota "Dynamo" you will need a commutator to match. See my thread about "AC Dynamo." Others explained it better than I can. Would link it for you but I don't know how.
not sure exactly what you are calling a dynamo?
the governor shouldnt really be an issue this thing has a huge flywheel that should make things smoother than normal.im also going to setup a rev limiter that a normal governor arm would touch at a set rpm and trip kill switch momentarily then one the rpm drops it would come back alive off and on like.one would think that would make the motor go crazy but it actually is pretty smooth like a normal rev limiter in a car.

as for the r-n-f shifter everything stays stock.forward is forward and reverse is reverse. the motor mounts are interesting to get it all to work thats for sure.

i picked the tractor up for i think 175 with a bad water pump and stripped timing belt.that was another 225 in parts. these motor are not cheap at all but they are also very very reliable engines.
i pulled the entire mower harness off of this and will only be using the stock magneto coil and the running an alternator instead of the stator setup.
1chrisapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #15
1chrisapple
Getting Wild

i see what you are talking about on the dynamo alternator.a very small unit with a style of external regulator.
i had planned on going more for one of the conventional alternators.
https://www.powerparts360.com/new-al...CABEgLdk_D_BwE
Old 11-25-2017, 08:03 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
i see what you are talking about on the dynamo alternator.a very small unit with a style of external regulator.
i had planned on going more for one of the conventional alternators.
https://www.powerparts360.com/new-al...CABEgLdk_D_BwE
Yes, I believe that is a larger all in one alternator. If it fits in there I see no reason to not use it.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:53 PM   #17
1chrisapple
Getting Wild

small issue with it that i just found was that it rotates clockwise.apparently its not to big an issue to run an alternator in reverse tho.
also 65 model corvairs had a ccw rotation to them
Old 11-26-2017, 08:45 AM   #18
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
small issue with it that i just found was that it rotates clockwise.apparently its not to big an issue to run an alternator in reverse tho.
also 65 model corvairs had a ccw rotation to them
Do you have room to flip it on the bracket so it turns the “normal” way? Maybe it doesn’t matter.
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:57 PM   #19
1chrisapple
Getting Wild

yea i was looking last night.i may be able to mount it either direction.so i guess i will wait and see when i order it.

does anyone know if i can buy an aftermarket body to fit my model year?
i had seen some of the body for the ds only fit certain years.whats the difference?
serial # is ag8937186428 so i believe that makes it an 89
Old 11-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #20
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Very little difference. There are lots of aftermarket bodies you can use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170118_131717710_HDR.jpg (293.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170424_232929462.jpg (158.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps