lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #1
1chrisapple
Getting Wild

Default clubcar ds honda liquid cooled

i have a club car ds that i have been working on, i bought it with no engine and then bought a old honda 3813 lawn mower. took the engine which is a inline 2cylinder 13 hp liquid cooled off the mower and put it on the golf cart. i havent got the belt setup done yet therfore i cant drive it. just thought i would share my build with everyone here.i had seen some talk of the swap here but most havent persued it or posted up any pics. its a very smooth and nice running engine that last forever.
1chrisapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2017, 10:38 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: clubcar ds honda liquid cooled

Interesting. 2 things: How will it start? How will you get air to the radiator?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:08 PM   #3
1chrisapple
Getting Wild

electric start off of key. an 8 inch electric fan for radiator.the body will be cut on the radiator side with a nice louvered stainless cover. these motors are very efficient and dont produce a whole lot of heat as well.the engine has a stub that bolts to the flywheel so i plan to run a kubota small alternator on it instead of the weak stator plus its simpler.
supposed to have the 4" lift tomorrow so more work to be done
Old 11-07-2017, 06:54 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Old 11-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #5
br1ev8
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I had no idea water cooled riding mowers were a thing...assumed they were air cooled. That sounds like a neat setup. Nice idea with running the alternator. Looking forward to seeing it lifted.
br1ev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #6
1chrisapple
Getting Wild

only small ones i know of are hondas from the 80's they are very solid reliable motors to.
got a 4" jakes lift kit installed yesterday.have more pics soon.
how does everyone run a throttle cable from the pedal to the engine with no throttle box?
Old 11-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by br1ev8 View Post
I had no idea water cooled riding mowers were a thing...assumed they were air cooled. That sounds like a neat setup. Nice idea with running the alternator. Looking forward to seeing it lifted.
I had one of these. Like apple said, solid, ran great. All was well until the starter went out.

If I remember correctly, the starter cost more than the tractor was worth. And, it was a ridiculous job to install a new one. I hope apple's is different and he has no trouble with it.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:15 AM   #8
1chrisapple
Getting Wild

Mooncarter is correct when the motor is in the tractor to get the starter off it has to be taken apart pretty **** far. But that isnt an issue on this one.lol no tractor around it. As well i got a super lucky score on fb a few weeks back.bought the same motor from a generator that ran for $10 only reason was to have spare parts.

I do have a question for you guys.i want to remove the governor from this motor bc the setup is in the way and the throotle works smoother without it.
What do people use for a rev limiter on the twin vangaurds? I am thinking a waste spark system that ties into the kill switch wire.
The motor has a magnet flywheel and 1 coil with 2 wires.what is recomended.ive looked at some thing but unclear about some of it
Old 11-14-2017, 09:37 PM   #9
1chrisapple
Getting Wild

some more pics of the cart.got the throttle cable figure out.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:28 PM   #10
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Nice tires lol I have one on my cart currently

Nice setup should be great
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps