lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2015, 07:34 AM   #21
rocko
Gone Wild

Default Re: Honda ATV into a Workhorse

it took a lot of planning to get the wheels center , I cut the original crossmember out and made another and moved it forward about 7 inches , dropped it down about 4 inches and going to weld the front mount on about a 22.5 degree angle , just made it and still keep the motor under and inside the motor box -------- I am so worn out from the heat this week that I have not done much to the cart this weekend , today we are riding ATV's and have a party for a friends birthday , boiled shrimp with potatoes , corn , mushrooms , sausage - shrimp salad , quail marinated and wrapped in bacon , deer/pork sausage and a bunch of sides , I picked up 4 cases of Coors and a bottle of Patron Tequila and most bring there own beverages of choice and some food dishes , that reminds me I got to go and get some of that stuff you take for hangovers
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #22
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

"do you know what years had gear to gear transfer cases with no chain , was that the New Process 205"

All Early Broncos (EBs) from 1966-1977 had Dana 20 all gear T cases, good for about 400hp. I have unbuilt mine from what it was. I ran 35x12.50 tires for many years till I started hunting up in Montana and put on the little narrow 33" pizza cutters. Those big tires in the black Vaseline they call mud up there will 'git ya killed coming down a greasy mountain! Ask me how I know!

Oh and "that reminds me I got to go and get some of that stuff you take for hangovers"...... Hair of da dog Dude!
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #23
rocko
Gone Wild

If remember right there were only some years that had gear to gear transfer cases and some later ones that were chain driven , that 82 I had ate chains up , went thru 2 chains and a couple of cases , when I find a project Bronco I want gear to gear and would like a Shelby , Corba or something special 302 with maybe a new 6 , 7 or 8 speed standard , 12 inches of lift , air bags all around with 38.5's if you can still get them , snorkled and a winch in the back and front , no doors , no roof and about 5,000 watts of water proof sound

'Hair of the Dog " will and has worked in the past but tomorrow is a work day and we have been over 95 degrees everyday last week , heat index over 105 , not a good day to be sweating tequila

It's 5 o'clock somewhere but only 10;30 here , number 2 going down , dark thirty and it will be all over , no midnight ride tonight for me ------can you believe Jimmy's Margaretaville in the French Quarter is closing down , and BBKIng Music factory is taking it's place
Old 07-19-2015, 11:12 AM   #24
rocko
Gone Wild

drtyuilop;aq
Old 07-19-2015, 01:41 PM   #25
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The one you see in my avatar is just a regular CC for around the farm, not ATV conversion. There are pictures of it on the last page of the build, hyperlink to build is in my signature. My last cart was the ATV conversion but blew the bottom end up and couldnt find parts for it.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:40 AM   #26
rocko
Gone Wild

'Joe , I checked out you Mama's Cart thread , that is a coinsidence here's a pic of my wife's cart CC DS red , I stuck that aluminum GMC bed divider on the front with some rope to see what it would look like , I think I am going to make some brackets and put a lip around it and she can use it for her tools and such
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1351.jpg (239.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #27
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ya Rocko the F series Broncos (78 and late) used bigger T-cases. Chains do stretch. The Dana 20 is much smaller and gears do make more noise in low range because they are straight cut gears. The 205 (and much larger) is gear to gear but only 2 to 1 lo range where the EB's with D-20 T cases have '66-72 2:46 to 1 or '73-77 later 2:36? to 1.

All my brother-in-laws run Jeeps and have to run in lo range on most trails with their Dana 20's but I used a old school NP425 tranny with a granny gear (6:58 to 1 1st gear) so I can run in high range most times so it is much quieter and if I need to go slow I just slip it into granny and if I need crawl speed I can still go into lo range.
Old 07-20-2015, 06:36 PM   #28
rocko
Gone Wild

I had a 1979 F250 4x4 Supercab with the 400M , 1 ton suspension under it , 4 speed standard and when you put that one in low transfer case and L tranny it was super low , if I remember right it had 4:10 ratio , I was a Ford guy most of my life , I am a Dodge guy now ,it is hard to beat the 6.7 but I would own a Bronco
Old 07-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #29
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have 4.56 gears so with a 6.58 first, 2.46 in the T-case it crawls slow but my friend used double T-case in his and that was crazy slow in compound low!
Old 07-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #30
rocko
Gone Wild

Wired it up , new battery , fuel and started it up , sounds good , cranks right up , everything is working , except the reverse lock out going to probally by-pass it , got a OEM high /low detachable light that is wired into the switch and it has two plugs for taillights , I have a couple of different exhaust pipe that should get it close
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1352.jpg (258.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1354.jpg (235.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps