lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #11
coolpool
Getting Wild

Default Re: Honda ATV into a Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko View Post
It is most probally going to be Swamp Lites , we have a ATV riding club at my house , it is pretty sloppy , looking for something aggressive , I run Mudzilla's on my pride 4x4 300 , they are nice tires , the wife's bike has the ITP's , I have a WorkHorse with a little lift and bigger tires and it can skirt the sides but the belt drive don't get it with water ----I was the service manger of a heavy equipment rental company and the company changed ownership , they were liquidating the EZGO's and going with Deere and I picked two up really cheap , I refurbed the first one years ago and the second one that I stolen a bunch of parts off for the first one was just sitting , it was you post Cool that inspired me to build this cart when you used the 250 rear end , that rear end is the bread and butter of my 300 fleet , I pick up the basket case 300 which most are blown rear ends and fab the 250 into it , I got 7 of them running right now , I had 12 at one time , sold a few and blew up a couple and used parts from them on others , it is no fun riding by your self
Funny where we meet eh? Why didn't you stick with your other board name? This has happened to me a couple of times now, meeting the same folks on multiple forums. I'll be watching your build. If you need close ups of how I configured the brake/choke actuators I'd be happy to get those for you.
coolpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2015, 01:49 PM   #12
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Definitely subscribed. I'll be starting my next ATV conversion soon.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #13
rocko
Gone Wild

It appears I was a memeber on this site years ago and forgot the password , never could get it to let me log in under my old name
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #14
Bronco Barney
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I hear what 'yer say'in rocko.... when I built our BedRock Bronco in 1995 I was asked to be a new 4x4 mag and they did the photo shoot but it was not out yet....

When we went to the Bronco 30th event in 1996... a writer of another 4x4 mag rode trails with me and gave my plastic plates to cover my plates with his mags plates. We had fun and he shot many pics of it and later that day the other guy came up and we were talking but the 2nd mag heard about the photo shoot and came over later and told me he could not use any of the pics he had done because I had done a shoot with their competitor!

So our EB got into the new 4x4 mag that later went of business and I missed being in the Peterson Group mag that is still going today..... Oh well ...

Rock on Rocko!
Bronco Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #15
rocko
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull Joe View Post
Definitely subscribed. I'll be starting my next ATV conversion soon.
What are you thinking about doing , 'Joe -------
Old 07-18-2015, 09:58 PM   #16
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I already have the projects, 2006(i think) EZGO MPT1200 and a 1995 Honda 250 recon. EZGO doesn't have an engine and Recon ran but had an oil leak around shifter shaft. That's why i'm concentrating on my current project so I always have a running cart for the farm while working on mud carts
Old 07-19-2015, 05:37 AM   #17
rocko
Gone Wild

BB , I am going to have to get some picks of my friends old school , extremely modified Bronco , he has 3 Broncos , one is stock in mint condition and car show quality , one that is moderately modified that he uses as his daily driver and hunts out of , but the one that is extremely modified is sweet , it is not a street truck and he trailers it , he has some type of military tires and I think are 50 inches , the coolers and radiator in the rear , highly modified engine and drive train , the truck has one of those (I'd call it ) under drives hooked into the drive line and he smokes all 4 of those 50's , a pic of the street in front his his would be good also , that must have cost him as it looks like a couple of sets of tires stuck to the road , his neighbors must love him --------------- I have a friend who lives a couple of miles from me , he has 4 early Broncos on his property , and I have been on him for years to sell me one , he is letting them rust away and will never do anything with them , but won't sell one --------- do you know what years had gear to gear transfer cases with no chain , was that the New Process 205
Old 07-19-2015, 05:53 AM   #18
rocko
Gone Wild

Here's a pic of my Red Workhorse , it has been a great cart , I have had it since 2008 when I did a restore to it , it was rough as it was a rental house cart on construction jobs , since refurbing it , all I have done as far as repairs go in all those years was brake shoes and cables , I use this cart a lot around the house doing yard work , it has a hydraulic dump , must have moved 10 - 18yard truck loads of mud and milled asphalt and 20 cords of firewood , on the weekend it gets ragged out by family and friends thru the trails in the woods ---------

I was looking at the 'GoTrax project and it could be a super stretch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1348.jpg (299.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1346.jpg (278.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-19-2015, 07:00 AM   #19
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Nice man. Looks like the same model I have for the next project, except mine has an electric dump. I think these are the perfect carts for ATV conversions because of the extra length, so the rear wheels can be centered in the wheel wells instead of being to close to the rear bumper. I might have missed it, but is there a reason you didn't incorporate the 250 engine frame area instead of building the engine cradle area from scratch? Just wondering because I had to fab the cradle area on my last one and i'm thinking it would be easier to cut the frame right in front of the engine, box it in and then mount the whole thing to the cart frame.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:21 AM   #20
rocko
Gone Wild

Pit' I had a brain fart there , being I am a hydraulic mechanic I have hydraulics on the brain , it is an electric actuator on the red one , the project cart's actuator had been robbed off of it before I got it , I do have the OEM bed for it , but I am thinking of using a smaller box I have or even decking it with wood or aluminum diamond checker plate and putting a couple of backwards facing bucket seats in the back and maybe some race car style buckets in the front with a 5 point harness , I do some work from time to time at the junk yard so seats should be a problem ------------ how's about a pic of your aviator pic cart's front end , it's high and it is cool , love red and the rims
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps