lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Another Limo cart- 2000 TXT pds cart

I came accross a 2000 Ezgo TXT PDS cart in good shape for $400-, not to sure if it goes yet, it's been sitting for two years and the batteries are dead. I'm going to stretech the heck out of it, eight passenger, three seats forward and one facing back. Just wanted some opinions on weather I should keep it 36 volt (possibly the cheapest) or do a 48 volt conversion. I know the controller will need to be upgraged along with the motor and wires to haul the extra weight. If I keep it 36 volt I can use the existing charger, if I upgrade to 48 volt then I'll have the added cost of purchacing a 48 volt charger. I know this may have been gone over but I would like to keep the PDS style controller, it'll make wiring the F/R switch much easier. Anyone wanting to throw in their 2 cents, I'm all ears.

Last edited by Timscarts; 09-15-2011 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: spelling
Timscarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another Limo cart- 2000 TXT pds cart

Go with 48 .that is a big lim you going to build. I would convert it to a series.you can do a lot more with a series. Pds cant handle stress. It will be costley in the long run. Is not that difficult and the build you will have lots of fun doing i. Good luck post lots of picturest
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom carts View Post
Go with 48 .that is a big lim you going to build. I would convert it to a series.you can do a lot more with a series. Pds cant handle stress. It will be costley in the long run. Is not that difficult and the build you will have lots of fun doing i. Good luck post lots of picturest
I took it for a ride and the batteries are extremely tired, 48 conversion is in order. I'm going with an 400 amp Alltrax and converting it to a series, not too sure on the motor yet.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

if you can go 500 amps you will be very happy with that
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yea a 500 amp will be better, I'm still gathering parts, what charger do you guys recomend? I'm concerned on the stock drum brakes as well, my freind has a Yamaha stretched to an eight passenger and it stops no problem with 22" tires on it, but it also has regen braking.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Go with 48, sell your working 36v charger on ebay to recoup some of the costs of the new one. If you get the Stanley charger from Sams, you will actually come out ahead, as you will get more for your old one than you will pay for the stanley. Quite a few guys on here using them with good results. Only one has crapped out, but was replaced with no questions asked.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

I picked up another cart, I was just looking for a rear body and seat and ended up with a 1999 DCS with a Jakes lift and 22" tires already on it, the PDS cart is now the parts cart, the frame is super clean on the DCS, the PDS was a little rusty. I still need one more seat bottom and back.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

It's been stretched- pics soon. I stretched it 72", it's loooong! Brake rod has been lengthened, both seat bases have been made. I ordered a 160" top from Nivel, it should be here next week. I was going to have it painted with some airbrushing but I'm going for a wrap. A friend of mine does it for a living and offered to do it, not sure on a design yet.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #9
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cant wait to see it! Pics Please
stretchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

To be Limo
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg get-attachment.jpeg (120.1 KB, 20 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center