lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #11
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Trojan or US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
personally, i would go with 6 x 8v sam's/enegizer batteries before i went with 4 x 12v anything. even if you have to replace one after a few years, you'll still end up cheaper. warranty is one year free replacement.
-sj
Sonic, I would have to be given the Sam's/Energizer batteries before I would put them in a cart. I have never been a fan of replacing 1 battery at a time. It messes up all the other batteries during the charge cycle. They do have a good warranty I know because about every year I have to replace both of my Sam's/Energizer batteries in my Powerstroke! They are the worst batteries I have ever owned. The 4X12 system is probabbly the worst system CC has ever came up with for a golf corse setting. They can't run all day everyday and go through that many charge cycles but for home use, it is not that bad. My 08 Precedent came for a fleet and I am sure they were not properly maintained but they are still good for my application. I can run around my place all I want with no problem and the cart runs 19.6 MPH with 18" tires. I even tahe it golfing with my son and run 18 holes and could run 36 no problem but i'm just not that into golf. The black top Trojan 12v's really sucked!!!!! The US 12v's are pretty good. I know you won't get as much out of them as a 6X8 set up but it is ample for many peoples applications. I don't go on long trail rides or take go mountain trail riding. I live in East Texas where it is pretty flat and no rocks. I only have 33 acers so I don't go too far. I also run to the neighbors houses to visit but never further than 1 mile. I take it to my deer stand or sneak up on wild hogs. I can't see spending $400.00+ to convert to the 6X8 system. If I was retired and golfing 54 holes a day, I would take my cart with the 6X8 setup.

It is kinda funny, I e-mailed trojan with questions about my all black(sucky) trojan 12v's and let them know they were weaker than I thought they should be (for almost 3 year old fleet batteries) and they blamed it on CC's OBC system!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #12
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

The 4X12 system is probabbly the worst system CC has ever came up with for a golf corse setting. They can't run all day everyday and go through that many charge cycles but for home use, it is not that bad. My 08 Precedent came for a fleet and I am sure they were not properly maintained but they are still good for my application. I can run around my place all I want with no problem and the cart runs 19.6 MPH with 18" tires. I even tahe it golfing with my son and run 18 holes and could run 36 no problem

Colby first you say that 4-12's are the worst system they came up with for a golf course setting and can't run all day. Then you say you can run around your place all you want and you even take it golfing and run 18 and 36 holes no problem. Running around your place "all you want" and playing up to "36 holes" does not describe a weak set of batteries. I agree with you that 6 or 8 batteries would be better but do not find a reason to change from four batteries. I drive to the golf course from my house, play 18 and have enough to ride around with the family. In the summer, I constantly use all day everyday in the rv park. Most of the time hauling the kids or coolers on 22' tires, no problem. I too have the black top batteries which do "suck" but they've hung around for close to 4 years now. How much better can a new non recycled pack be?
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #13
patmcfann
Getting Wild

Yamaha

trojan gives 18 months if you know the right ppl and beware of lot rot batterys make sure when you buy batteries the mach or exed the date you buy them...a=january b= feb and ect. ive seen 6 month old batteries being sold as new as they are not if you buy month correct batteries you can get 18 month warranty just press this issue with your local
patmcfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #14
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Easy.

I said the 4X12 was fine for my application and wouldn't convert to 6X8 and will be putting US 12V's when it is time for new bateries but it is the worst setup CC ever came out with.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #15
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Colby, I agree buddy
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:56 AM   #16
ckdgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My Trojan dealer has a 18 month free replace,ment warranty. I tried to set up an account with US Battery and have been told several time that they will call me back.....been 3 months! Apparently they don't need any extra business!
ckdgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #17
littlebob
Getting Wild
Yamaha

How many battery manufactures are there in the US? I was in the Plumbing and HVAC business for 25 yrs and a lot of the stuff was built by 3-5 manufacturers and marketed
under a hundred labels. I saw a Energizer from Sam's club the other day that said it was
manufactured by Johnson Controls. The Interstate Battery Rep is telling us that there batteries are now made by them. Interstate was made by US battery before and now
someone that had a good experience with the Interstate/USbattery is buying a different
battery. We've been selling and promoting the Trojan, but who knows whats what anymore. Our distributor is moving to the US and we are kinda being pushed that way, but what do you tell your customers you've sold on the reputation of a battery that you no longer carry?
littlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:27 AM   #18
cartboy
Gone Wild

Old thread, but I thought I'd try to update it for folks who stumble onto it.

As some of you know, I maintain a fleet of EZ GO RXVs. We've had 2008s, 2012s, and, now, 2015s.

EZ Go switched from Trojans to US in the 2012s, and then switched back to Trojans in the 2015s. That should tell you something.

Has anyone ever put Everstart MAXX deep cycle marine batteries in their golf carts?

I've had them in my boat dock solar electric system for several years with no problem.

At the golf course we have a 2008 EZ Go 6-seater shuttle that had eight 6-volt Trojans, completely worn out. I suggested putting in four 12-volt Everstart MAXX for about $400-ish, but they went ahead and put in eight 6-volt Trojans, I'm guessing for around $1200-ish.
cartboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:47 PM   #19
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Im with cartboy us bstteries are not as good as trojans.Im in the aerial business i havent seen the us batteries last they come in are new skyjack scissor lifts after a couple years theres not many left in two year old units.I like trojans ,crowns interstate are now made in the states not in mexico so there better now then in the past.We have had good luck with super starts also there made in the states in not sure where the Jlg batteries are made but there good also.The diamond plate technology in the us batteries are suppose to be the theory just havent seen it at work.I change alot of 6 volt batteries on average 12 to 20 a week.Alot of usuable batteries get scrapped as i wont change one battery in a pack.I try to match up used batteries by date and load test for the smaller 19 foot lifts but some times they get scrapped.Are shop buys them the 6 volt crowns by the pallet right now not dure what the price is but heard they were cheap under 100 ,1200 sounds real high for 8 trojans
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:25 AM   #20
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just went thru this and I bought Trojans and could not be happier....
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car