lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
My cobra
Not Yet Wild

Default Workhorse switch wiring screwed up wont come on now

I decided i was going to change the batteries in my EZgo Workhorse. While i was taking a wire wheel to the battery tray to clean it off i screwed up some of the wires. I took pictures before i started this whole deal. The wire wheel decided to eat some of the wires and some other items. Under the seat there is a switch to raise and lower the bed. I need a wiring diagram for this so i can make sure i replace the wires. Also there is a two prong thing beside the back of the up and down for the dump bed. It almost looks like a circuit breaker. I cracked this in half and need to know how to get another one and how to hook it up. I have searched for wiring diagram but can not come up with much besides how to hookup the batteries.

Says EZgo workhorse, Not sure of year, Does not have a model number. On the vin plate i guess you would call it, just says workhorse and serial number. Here is a picture before i messed it up. Anybody got a better pic or can help me out? Cart will not turn on now even with all batteries hooked up.

Bottom left corner of the picture is what i am taking about.
My cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Workhorse switch wiring screwed up wont come on now

Quote:
Originally Posted by My cobra View Post
I decided i was going to change the batteries in my EZgo Workhorse. While i was taking a wire wheel to the battery tray to clean it off i screwed up some of the wires. I took pictures before i started this whole deal. The wire wheel decided to eat some of the wires and some other items. Under the seat there is a switch to raise and lower the bed. I need a wiring diagram for this so i can make sure i replace the wires. Also there is a two prong thing beside the back of the up and down for the dump bed. It almost looks like a circuit breaker. I cracked this in half and need to know how to get another one and how to hook it up. I have searched for wiring diagram but can not come up with much besides how to hookup the batteries.

Says EZgo workhorse, Not sure of year, Does not have a model number. On the vin plate i guess you would call it, just says workhorse and serial number. Here is a picture before i messed it up. Anybody got a better pic or can help me out? Cart will not turn on now even with all batteries hooked up.

Bottom left corner of the picture is what i am taking about.
errrr wish i had a dump bed
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
My cobra
Not Yet Wild

had my cables swapped on the cart side. Swapped them to the right way since i put the batteries in the tray the other way. Now the cart will run but the cart does not seem to want to charge. Not sure if i popped a fuse or what.

On the charge port there is a black wire a white wire and a red wire leaving it. One wire goes to negative and one goes to poss. The red wire goes to the box where the selector is. Not sure what might be wrong.

Will the car not charge when it is one bar down from full?

got any ideas?
My cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
northwestfarmtn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

your batteries do need to have a significant charge to turn the charger on but i wouldn't think 1 bar would do that if you have a volt meter i would take a reading off of the batteries to be sure they do have sufficient charge to turn it on im gonna go out and look at my charger port wires to see how it is hooked up

just looked and it is the white wire to pos+ the black to neg+ and yes the red wire on mine goes to the micro switch for forward

also if you look at the vin plate on the passenger side it should have a manufacturer code mine is L2698 my cart is a 98 i think the last 2 numbers is the year
northwestfarmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO