lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2019, 09:26 PM   #21
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 wire ignition switch question

I don’t know about all the red wires but I’m pretty sure that the blue and green belong on the key switch and since it’s an on/off... I don’t think it matters which terminal until you start tapping other circuits into them

The green wire connects to the ITS micro switch... and I believe is fed from the micro switch... and the blue delivers the power to the FNR switch

We just had the discussion about that controller the other day but I can’t remember where or with whom

But like I said... one of these experts will know exactly what’s up
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2019, 09:32 PM   #22
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Definitely a series drive system. Looks like someone took the controller, solenoid, and mount out of a Marathon and put it in there? Never seen that controller or mounting setup in a stock series TXT.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #23
Chris379
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Definitely a series drive system. Looks like someone took the controller, solenoid, and mount out of a Marathon and put it in there? Never seen that controller or mounting setup in a stock series TXT.
Not 100% sure. The guy I bought it from had 3 other carts in his garage and a few more parts carts in his backyard, so it's totally possible that I got a Frankenstein system.
Chris379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:57 PM   #24
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On the upside... I believe that’s an aftermarket controller so you’ll probably have upgraded performance when you do get it rolling... I’m thinking maybe 350-500 amps... but I could be wrong... as you can tell... I ain’t one of the experts... yet��
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:46 AM   #25
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
That is a stock controller/solenoid set up. It was used in the late "90's and early 2000's on factory built 4 passenger carts usually called a TXT Shuttle 2+2. However, as we have learned here on the forum, occasionally someone discovers a cart with this drive train in a freedom golf model.
The controller is a Curtis 400amp and likely 24-36v. The label is on the bottom. Usually these carts also had a 1.87KW motor instead of the 1.49KW golf model and factory lights.
Here is an example of one although the "shuttle" decals have been removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB020002.JPG (507.6 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:06 PM   #26
Chris379
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
That is a stock controller/solenoid set up. It was used in the late "90's and early 2000's on factory built 4 passenger carts usually called a TXT Shuttle 2+2. However, as we have learned here on the forum, occasionally someone discovers a cart with this drive train in a freedom golf model.
The controller is a Curtis 400amp and likely 24-36v. The label is on the bottom. Usually these carts also had a 1.87KW motor instead of the 1.49KW golf model and factory lights.
Here is an example of one although the "shuttle" decals have been removed.
So will the diagram I found in the stickies still work for my setup? I was planning on rewiring tomorrow morning.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:46 PM   #27
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here’s a series wiring diagram. The colored lines denote the high amp cables. The others are the solenoid activation circuit. I originally had that same controller in my cart, and Kernal was who identified it.

The battery meter was originally controlled by the key switch, but you should get a digital meter, instead of the bar graph type, and consider wiring it straight to the pack mains.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7D803A66-943E-4A3A-AB67-1C46ADD2E059.jpeg (69.5 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #28
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This diagram shows 8 batteries. Use the six batteries in the middle of the depiction for your set up.
Normally these carts have a 4 wire key switch. It appears you have a 2 wire and the colors are incorrect. No telling what has been done to this cart. Look in the drivers side cubby for a plate that is riveted in. Curious if it there and what it says.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo 4 blade curtis 1205 wiring.jpg (61.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-22-2019, 05:51 PM   #29
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

orangeman beat me. Either of these diagrams should work. Use the one that is easiest for you. My diagram shows A2 on the controller. You probably have that. It can be eliminated. If you have a question about that ask it.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:27 PM   #30
Chris379
Not Yet Wild

Ok guys, I'll give you an update tomorrow. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO