lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2019, 05:08 PM   #21
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Default Re: DS excessive oil consumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Well hopefully you didn't buy the 14 dollar puller.

When they are stuck like that, you put the bolt in as tight as you can and then with a 2x4 put it up against the clutch and hit the end of the wood with a hammer.
Of course I bought the cheap puller.....lol. I’ll have to keep beating the crap out of it. Prob gonna cost me a clutch....
Appreciate the replies...
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2019, 06:53 PM   #22
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman 007 View Post
Of course I bought the cheap puller.....lol. I’ll have to keep beating the crap out of it. Prob gonna cost me a clutch....
Appreciate the replies...

" Do it right, cry once"
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:56 PM   #23
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I haven’t had one stuck so bad yet that a puller tool wouldn’t work, but I had one that wouldn’t budge in the normal way hitting it with the impact gun.

When you get the puller nice and tight, smack the end of it with a 4lb hammer once or twice and usually that sharp impact will shock the clutch loose.
Heat is also an option, but to be effective you have to disassemble the clutch so you can heat the center shaft of the clutch.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 11:18 PM   #24
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post

When you get the puller nice and tight, smack the end of it with a 4lb hammer once or twice and usually that sharp impact will shock the clutch loose.
That's exactly how I got the clutch off this 93 ds tonight. Clutch shot off like a rocket
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #25
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

I had been hitting it with the 5 lb hammer and that’s how I mushroomed the puller a bit. Anyway I got it off this morning by hitting the back side of the clutch just once...go figure... Piston is out and I don’t see anything really wrong with the rings. This engine is as clean as a whistle inside, cylinder wall looks perfect, and no ridge at the top. I hope this does the trick. Is there any advice on ring install? I have my ring compressor from the 70s. Lol. I also got valve seals due to one of you recommending it so I’ll put those in too.
Thanks again for the advice guys. Appreciate it!
Old 10-13-2019, 10:27 AM   #26
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
" Do it right, cry once"
Sound advice....
Old 10-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #27
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman 007 View Post
Sound advice....

I see it so often where someone tries to save a buck, and in the long run it costs them hours more in time and dollars more. Ya have to know what you can and cannot do. I actually like the do it yourselfer.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 06:01 AM   #28
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

So here I am more than six months since my last post on this. Not that any of you were waiting for an update, I thought I would post one anyway. This cart was at my summer home in Maine so I’m not here for 6 months. I finished putting rings and valve seals in last Fall and dropped the motor back in the cart. That’s where it sat until I got here in May. Long story short I believe it was a combination of a bad oil control ring and a missing valve seal. Everything went back together and it doesn’t burn a drop of oil. Thanks for all the great advice. I appreciate it.
MM 007
Old 06-24-2020, 08:43 AM   #29
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

We like Updates, even if we have to wait a while! Glad to hear you got it all fixed up!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #30
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

So as luck would have it, not all is well. I sold the cart about a month ago. New owner called and said that there was an oil leak. I have the cart and the crankcase gasket has failed and oil is coming out everywhere. Gasket was brand new when I put it back together. A couple of the bolts are loose. I am certain they were tight. I used high temp silicone on the gasket. Obviously I am concerned about crankcase pressure but I am definitely getting the puff of air out of the breather hose that is connected to the valve cover. Any ideas??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car