lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2019, 12:23 PM   #101
SB77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: first cart - 2000 CC DS 48v

hey Nole, I did measure and its 3.75 not 3. Seems weird.
SB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2019, 12:24 PM   #102
SB77
Getting Wild
Club Car

i also spun the tires to check for round, and did it quickly, so i will have to check tonight to make sure it wasnt just the tire bead being wonky on the spin.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:02 PM   #103
SB77
Getting Wild
Club Car

So golf cart tire supply said, the offset on golf cart is never exact. Its basically three options: no offset, 3+4, 2+5 - and they will range plus or minus. They said they don't have a wheel to measure so have contacted the manufacturer. But the inside measurement is 3.75 and the outside is like 4.5....more than 7 inches the wheel is supposed to be.

They said they have had no complaints about the offset, and/or complaints about fit on a club car. Also said they had never seen an out of round steel wheel.

All that aside, they said if they determined the wheels were out of round from my videos, they would work on getting a refund from the manufacturer. Its not entirely clear if I will have to pay return shipping. If I do, the shipping will likely be more than the wheels cost to begin with.

So I will likely be ordering wheels elsewhere this next round.

Here are the videos. Wheels are out of round right? Or am I crazy?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/37hxUhaSo8gbWEzm7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bFNiKjqdpAe6QH436
Old 02-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #104
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Looks more like an egg ...... lol
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #105
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Exclamation Re: first cart - 2000 CC DS 48v

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB77 View Post
So golf cart tire supply said, the offset on golf cart is never exact. Its basically three options: no offset, 3+4, 2+5 - and they will range plus or minus. They said they don't have a wheel to measure so have contacted the manufacturer. But the inside measurement is 3.75 and the outside is like 4.5....more than 7 inches the wheel is supposed to be.

They said they have had no complaints about the offset, and/or complaints about fit on a club car. Also said they had never seen an out of round steel wheel.

All that aside, they said if they determined the wheels were out of round from my videos, they would work on getting a refund from the manufacturer. Its not entirely clear if I will have to pay return shipping. If I do, the shipping will likely be more than the wheels cost to begin with.

That is PATHETIC! And I have refer'd members to this supplier many times, but if this is how they work with their customers, I will to do differently in the future.

You need to let spriddle and TheNewGuy know about this ASAP. They handle the sponsors here and need to be made aware of this so they can follow it and intervene if this is how it unfolds. We do not need sponsors that do not back the products they sell!

If you paid with Credit Card or PayPal, you need to let them know right now you did not receive what you ordered. Do not say it is not quite right, you absolutely say you ordered "X' and received "Y". They will reverse the charge if the supplier will not make you right.

DO NOT offer to pay return shipping to GCTS. They sent you defective material, they need to supply you a return label. This is not warranty, this is not receiving what you ordered and them supplying you defective parts....

Keep us abreast of how this goes. I will not support ANY supplier that does not back his products and right now I am getting a very nasty feeling about Golf Cart Tire Supply....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #106
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Looks like a wobble in and out to me.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #107
Winston Ellis
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Hey Winston I will be looking to get rid of them, make me an offer

What size are they and where r u located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Winston Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:21 PM   #108
rib33024

So how much time did you give golf cart tire supply to fix this problem?.

Quote:

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:56 PM   #109
SB77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That is PATHETIC! And I have refer'd members to this supplier many times, but if this is how they work with their customers, I will to do differently in the future.

You need to let spriddle and TheNewGuy know about this ASAP. They handle the sponsors here and need to be made aware of this so they can follow it and intervene if this is how it unfolds. We do not need sponsors that do not back the products they sell!

If you paid with Credit Card or PayPal, you need to let them know right now you did not receive what you ordered. Do not say it is not quite right, you absolutely say you ordered "X' and received "Y". They will reverse the charge if the supplier will not make you right.

DO NOT offer to pay return shipping to GCTS. They sent you defective material, they need to supply you a return label. This is not warranty, this is not receiving what you ordered and them supplying you defective parts....

Keep us abreast of how this goes. I will not support ANY supplier that does not back his products and right now I am getting a very nasty feeling about Golf Cart Tire Supply....
Hey Nole... I feel the same way. I buy lots of stuff on the internet and in 2019 to have to pay return shipping for a return is crazy to me. I'll pay the companies shipping rate.. But to have to pay general public rates is nuts. But I had to return a light kit that didn't fit (as advertised) I bought from another site sponsor and had to pay return shipping ($35) and a restock fee.... To get store credit. I was pissed about that too... Just seemed like this was the norm for golf cart parts lol.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:59 PM   #110
SB77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
So how much time did you give golf cart tire supply to fix this problem?.
My original email was over a week ago. That email was not responded to. I used their chat and was told at 9am Friday someone would contact me at noon. No one did. I called them at 5pm that afternoon to find out if they had measured the wheels offset. And I emailed them the videos shortly after. So I am waiting on their reply.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car