lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Broke my 350

ok guys I was rinding along this week when I lost a hole in my 350 11hp I"m assuming it's a rod what I have questions about is first what is the best place for a rebuild kit with a descent price, is there any upgraded rods for the Robin engine? are there any other tricks to up the performance besides a 295 head and cam that I might consider when rebuilding this engine. I'm currently taking it apart to determine exactly what all is damaged I know only one piston is moving as the motor turns so I"m assuming it's a rod. Any input would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Marc
mthrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Broke my 350

if your looking for more torque! just spend the money on a v twin, by the time your done with the 350 you will be looking at between 4 to 700.00 and still looking for more power.
700.00 is well on the way of a 18 or 20hp briggs.

just my two cents
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I hear you pizza maker and trust me I've been thinking about motor swaps what's the best source for 18-20hp briggs motors price wise and can I still run my clutch?
I still need to finish pulling mine apart and see exactly what the damage is.

Last edited by mthrall; 01-24-2009 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 01-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthrall View Post
ok guys I was rinding along this week when I lost a hole in my 350 11hp I"m assuming it's a rod what I have questions about is first what is the best place for a rebuild kit with a descent price, is there any upgraded rods for the Robin engine?
To the best of my knowledge there are no descent prices on parts for these engines. Not much you can do to the rods, have them machined so you can use bearings but I don't see that making them any stronger. It would also cost alot unless you have a machine shop or a buddy that has one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthrall View Post
are there any other tricks to up the performance besides a 295 head and cam that I might consider when rebuilding this engine. I'm currently taking it apart to determine exactly what all is damaged I know only one piston is moving as the motor turns so I"m assuming it's a rod. Any input would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks
Marc
I agree with pizzamaker, if you want lots of power engine replacement is the way to go. The massive torque of the vtwin is so much fun. If you can stand 2 strokes a used sled engine is the best bang for the buck. Most don't weigh sh*t and put out ridiculous amounts of horse power, also more often than not you can use the clutches that come with them. You can also have your ezgo clutch machined to fit on a staight shaft engine.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

well a little progress I bought an 18hp Vanguard but it has not throttle linkage and I can't seem to figure out which port on the carb is the fuel inlet? Does anyone have any pics of this? I would also like to see some pics of the stock ezgo clutch machined for a 1" strait shaft w 1/4" keyway. Thanks guys your help would be greatly appriciated.

Marc
Old 04-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

this may help, the fitting with no hose on it at the front of the carb is for the vent
Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #7
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks man who's cart is that? And hows yours doing?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

thats the same marathon i've been workin on the side, should be done next week.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

sorry I got you confused with someone else on this forum. Did you buy a complete kit or are you doing the fab work yourself?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:42 AM   #10
capthump1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Location: (winter) Homosassa,Fl / (summer) Bayonne,N.J./ Port Jervis, N.Y.

The same thing happened to my 350. What did you do? Did you ever tear your engine down? Was it the cylinder on the clutch side? Thanks, Ed
capthump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO