lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2016, 11:13 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lithium Nissan Leaf conversion x 2

Connecting them that way will force the two 7 series sets to be at equal voltage. You can run them that way if they are well balanced to start with. The Volt runs all of the modules in series. My 14 module setup has them strapped in pairs so my BMS has to handle 14 individual cells. I guess it will be fine that way if you keep an eye on the balance.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2016, 05:19 AM   #12
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

They balanced perferctly. Two minutes with a volt meter beats trying to keep up with watering fla's any day.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:49 AM   #13
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Where do you find these packs and what do they cost? if you do find a whole pack can u sell off what you don't use? also after u obtain cells what is the average cost for all the other parts (controller charger ect?) you will need?
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:03 PM   #14
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

You just hav to look, I found mine on ebay and that is the plan, to sell the remainig batteries.
Charrger is around 350.
Meter about 90
Using existing controller.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:25 AM   #15
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Got the meter housing setup decided. Used an Atwood dry box for the front side (its upside down in pic, it will be mounted so lid folds down) and the back will be covered with a customized quart bottom.

On board charger is mounted, didn't have right bolts so just used what I had to get it set, tapped all the holes so I don't have to fumble around with nuts in inconvenient locations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-04-03_13.00.09 drybx.jpg (80.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-04-03_13.00.20 cover.jpg (27.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-04-03_17.50.23 charger.jpg (109.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-19-2016, 10:30 AM   #16
fishsticker
Gone Wild

Jim:

How is your project going? My JDL pretty consistently says 95 AH is what it takes to get me down to 50V starting at 58.8. I was curious as to if you have checked yours?

Also what range are you getting with your set up? I am between 10 and 15 miles most of the time.
fishsticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #17
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I am up and running but I've been lazy about getting the JDL in. I had to wait for delivery of some misc stuff to finish and got out of the mode, if you know what I mean.
I havn't made but a couple trips to the woods, and none recently. I know I have been 12 miles in off road conditions but nothing terrible.

Since I bottom balanced mine and not using BMS I ordered the charger with a cut off at 56v to avoid over charging, might could've had it a little higher as it does settle a few tenths of a volt lower.
However, I am very happy with the conversion. It just handles like a totally different cart due to shaving 500 lbs off.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:53 PM   #18
fishsticker
Gone Wild

10-4. I'm curious to how much more range you will have than me using it similarly to the way I use mine but with just one motor and one drive axle.
fishsticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:15 PM   #19
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well not so sure I will as I have noticed you seem to get quite a bit of range from your top voltage down to 56v, which is my top.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #20
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsticker View Post
Jim:

How is your project going? My JDL pretty consistently says 95 AH is what it takes to get me down to 50V starting at 58.8. I was curious as to if you have checked yours?

Also what range are you getting with your set up? I am between 10 and 15 miles most of the time.
Just did a longevity test on asphalt, mostly flat but a couple hills, on the other cart with a 500amp controller and stock motor. From 56v down to 49v went 21 miles. Full throttle except for stopping at stop signs every mile. This is twice what we got with his original 1yr old batteries (don't know size).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car