lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2017, 07:44 PM   #1
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Titan Body - Front Headlight Install - Help!

Anyone have a Titan kit and installed the Basic headlight package that comes with it? Whomever created the installation diagram sheet for those lights really needs to have his/her balls kicked in, and the website doesn't have any instructions either.

That being said, its not rocket science I know, but instead of trial and error, thought one of you fine folks might be able to help me line up the colored wires from the lights to the harness. This would be for the EZGO TXT.

Thanks!
cv2065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Titan Body - Front Headlight Install - Help!

You need to use a combination of their documentation. I had the exact same thoughts as well. Look through the Titan and TXT ones first, but dont be afraid to look through the other as well.

http://www.custom-inc.com/instructio...ts/light-kits/
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:28 PM   #3
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I didn't read the instructions....

The wires are all color matched. However, on the front marker lights I found out that the wires are switched. They are led and if accidentally reversed it does no harm.

In the front it seemed to me like the wires to the actual headlights are slightly thicker. If a wire is white, you can connect that to red. Black to black
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #4
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKSoft84 View Post
I didn't read the instructions....

The wires are all color matched. However, on the front marker lights I found out that the wires are switched. They are led and if accidentally reversed it does no harm.

In the front it seemed to me like the wires to the actual headlights are slightly thicker. If a wire is white, you can connect that to red. Black to black
And that's what I did...Blacks to Blacks, and then whatever was left went to Red. The marker lights had two wires, white and black. Black went to black and white went to red.

On the headlight, there was a black and brown wire. Brown went to red and Black to Black. They are not working, so perhaps I hooked them up wrong, or it could be the 12V converter. Not sure at this point. I'm assuming that it doesn't matter which red or black on the circuit each one was hooked up to correct, as each color is wired together in sequence.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:57 PM   #5
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
And that's what I did...Blacks to Blacks, and then whatever was left went to Red. The marker lights had two wires, white and black. Black went to black and white went to red.

On the headlight, there was a black and brown wire. Brown went to red and Black to Black. They are not working, so perhaps I hooked them up wrong, or it could be the 12V converter. Not sure at this point. I'm assuming that it doesn't matter which red or black on the circuit each one was hooked up to correct, as each color is wired together in sequence.
On my marker lights, I had to run white to black...

On your headlights, so long as you are still using the halogen bulbs, you could hook those up either way it's a halogen bulb so it really doesn't care which direction the voltage is running. If your voltage reducer is 10 amps or less, it will struggle to work with the halogen bulbs.

I wound up ordering an LED bulb for 880 fog lights from Amazon... I had to file the base just a little, bit almost perfect fit and about 10,000 x more light output.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JX4GTC..._m6LWKx8xMl8Qf

Those draw less amps. Still not certain they would work on 10 amp or less. If you want to find out if it is your reducer, bypass it and wire lights up to 2 batts and see if they turn on. If they do then you know it's the reducer.

Last edited by ARKSoft84; 08-11-2017 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: 1 word.... Autocorrect.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:51 AM   #6
cv2065
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
On my marker lights, I had to run white to black...

On your headlights, so long as you are still using the halogen bulbs, you could hook those up either way it's a halogen bulb so it really doesn't care which direction the voltage is running. If your voltage reducer is 10 amps or less, it will struggle to work with the halogen bulbs.

I wound up ordering an LED bulb for 880 fog lights from Amazon... I had to file the base just a little, bit almost perfect fit and about 10,000 x more light output.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JX4GTC..._m6LWKx8xMl8Qf

Those draw less amps. Still not certain they would work on 10 amp or less. If you want to find out if it is your reducer, bypass it and wire lights up to 2 batts and see if they turn on. If they do then you know it's the reducer.
Thanks for the tips. I'll have to double check the marker lights. I forgot that my 12V reducer runs through the key switch, and I don't have that hooked back up, so will try tomorrow. My reducer is 30 amps, so should be good to go.

If the marker lights are hooked up backwards, any issues with them burning out?
Old 08-12-2017, 07:28 AM   #7
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Do you have the led kit? I have the deluxe led. I can get you a picture. I love all the doubletake stuff, but their instructions and ****!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:32 AM   #8
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

1st picture is front 2nd is rear.

Old 08-12-2017, 08:05 AM   #9
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My maker lights and tail lights came as LED. They won't work if they are hooked up backwards.

My headlights came as halogen.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:21 AM   #10
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

Quote:
My maker lights and tail lights came as LED. They won't work if they are hooked up backwards.

My headlights came as halogen.
Weird, mine are all led.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO