lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Need a different setup for foward and reverse

I need help finding a different way to change the gears on my 95 EZGO. I put a 13hp engine in it and to get the clutches close enough I had to put the engine where it is touching the top of the rear diff. Those stock F/R cables arent going to work they hit the engine. I am able to rotate that metal thing that the cable go into. I just need to be able to move that without having cables 4" higher than it. Any and all ideas please!
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Undo the cables at the shifter. Then route them under the engine. The engine location changed, but not the distance from the shifter to the differential. So, with that in mind, use zip ties to connect them to the skid plate. If you don't have a skid plate on, then zip tie them to the driver's side bottom of the engine. You can also zip tie them to the passenger's side brake cable.
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Thanks for the help Bob but that isn't exactly the problem I'm having. You know on the differential where the cables go through that bracket that turns the gears inside the diff and the ends of the cables stick up high. Well those are actually hitting the engine and cant stand straight up. I will take some pics tomorrow.

Is there a way that I can lower those cables so they dont stick up so high?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:25 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Is there a way to raise the rear of the engine and tilt it forward? That would get the cylinder off the differential and possibly clear an area for the shifter bracket.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Not without more lift. If I did that the engine would hit on the seat frame. I have about a 1 1/2" gap there now the way it is. Thank goodness for HD springs or that would come crashing down on the engine over bumps.

I have considered buying a longer belt and scooting the engine up. That would fix it but then the front of the engine would be off the platform it bolts to.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO