lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Winch install in an IFS cart?

Anyone ever see a winch installed in a cart that has an IFS in it? eg: Terra Toys, Stretch Plastics, AllSport, etc?

I called Terra Toys to ask if it was OK & he said he had done it & never had a problem with it. I'm just curious if it's safe...... or if it'll rip the whole front suspension off one day winching the cart out of a hole.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Winch install in an IFS cart?

If you put the winch pad on your brush guard, or used a different brush guard with one already on it, what difference would it make what suspension you had? I don't have IFS, so is there a reason why wou wouldn't just put the pad on the brush guard?
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The Terra Toys IFS has a big frame in the middle that is secured to the front of the cart frame in 4 places..... then the a-arms extend from that frame. I was really just concerned that pulling the cart from that frame might somehow damage the frame mounts..... as opposed to mounting it on the frame directly, which isn't really an option.

I called Terra Toys though, and asked about it & he said that they had mounted winches on the IFS frame a number of times & never had a problem with it. So I guess thats what will happen. Gotta pick up the winch & a steel pad sometime this weekend.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #4
colbyc1984
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I hope it works because that what I'm planning on my txt w/jakes lt(when i get it put back together).
colbyc1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #5
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you have the Jake's lift that has the receiver in the front? That'll be an easy install.

I have figured out a place on top of the TT IFS to mount a 4"x12" steel plate. And then the winch on top of that. The issue I'm debating on is the strength of the 4 U-bolts I bought. Seems like they are the weak link in the mount. I can't find any real strength numbers for them though.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
colbyc1984
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
Do you have the Jake's lift that has the receiver in the front? That'll be an easy install.

I have figured out a place on top of the TT IFS to mount a 4"x12" steel plate. And then the winch on top of that. The issue I'm debating on is the strength of the 4 U-bolts I bought. Seems like they are the weak link in the mount. I can't find any real strength numbers for them though.
Yes,but I dont want the winch just sticking out in front.I want to mount it pretty much just like your planning so it's a little cleaner install.I've got some U-bolts I found at a local parts store that are basically grade 8 bolts,but the ones that come with atv winch plates are just standard u-bolts and I've never had a problem with them.

BTW what kind of bucket seats are those in your album?
colbyc1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #7
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea, I guess if they hold 500 lbs apiece, then that exceeds the winches capacity anyway.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:24 AM   #8
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I used a hitch receiver tube and welded plates on it to make my lift so it is the suspension. I've towed a little over 10k lbs of trailer and load with no problem. I also have a 3k winch on a hitch mount. I say winch away and don't worry.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts