lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
MERCENARY
Not Yet Wild

Default 80s Club Car Reverse is Faster than Foward?

Fired has an old school 36v club car with the 5 selnoids.for some reason whe hes in reverse the cart tops out but in foward its noticably slower? Could this be do to the motor wires being crossed up? any other suggestion?
MERCENARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
wildbillw
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 80s Club Car Reverse is Faster than Foward?

Get a wiring diagram and verify all the connections. It sounds to me like the forward and reverse cables may be wired wrong of the F/R switch. In all the wiring diagrams I am familiar I think to F/R wiring is the most confusing. I wouldn't take off and move any wires without a wring schematic, though.
wildbillw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 80s Club Car Reverse is Faster than Foward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbillw View Post
Get a wiring diagram and verify all the connections. It sounds to me like the forward and reverse cables may be wired wrong of the F/R switch. In all the wiring diagrams I am familiar I think to F/R wiring is the most confusing. I wouldn't take off and move any wires without a wring schematic, though.
This car should have two positive cables running to the F&R... One should be Green, and One should be Red. The Red goes to battery #1 (Front Passenger Side Positive Post) and the Green goes to battery #3 (Driver Side Center Battery Positive Post) This allows reverse to only draw 18 volts... Hook them both to Battery #1 for full power in both directions.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car