lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
TXPalerider
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Bad Boy Buggies / Stealth 4x4?????

I'm just a golf cart neophyte, so I have a question I hope I might be able to get an answer to here.

The BB Buggies and the Stealth 4X4 come in both 2 and 4 wheel drive models. And they have battery mileage claims ranging up to 40 miles on a charge. The only obvious difference I can see from a typical golf cart set up is they use 8 - 6volt batteries vs 6 - 8volt batteries. Both are 48 volt systems. Could the configuration difference extend their range that much?

Here are some specs direct from their website:
Quote:
Power Source

- 48 Volt, 16 Peak Horsepower Electric Motor, 116 ft lbs of torque - the most torque in their class.
- Stealth XR 4x4 units come with 8 ea. 6 Volt High Capacity Deep Cycle Absorbed Glass Mat
- Batteries with a 40 Mile range * on a full charge and proper battery maintenance.
- Stealth 4x4 units come with 6 ea. 8 Volt High Capacity Deep Cycle Batteries with a 27 Mile range*
- on a full charge and proper battery maintenance*.
- 12 Volt Power Outlet and Battery Gauge
- 25 Amp on-vehicle Battery Charger / Maintainer. Stealth’s exclusive “charge on the go” feature
- allows battery charging while in operation via a portable generator (not included) for extended use
- with zero down time
- 800 Amp, 65 Volt (100% WATERPROOF) Controller designed by Stealth Manufacturing, LLC with an - operating range of -13°F to 135°F.

* Prior to leaving the Stealth Manufacturing Facility, each Stealth EUV is range tested, with a 200lb driver, on a continuous 1.5 mile test course that has a
- 30ft change in elevation from start to finish. Actual range while in the field may vary depending on conditions and load.
Any thoughts???? Because I'm confused.
TXPalerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2009, 05:49 AM   #2
blaynef13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggies / Stealth 4x4?????

The advertised 40 mile range is with Absorbed Glass Mat batteries. I don't understand how but they hold a charge longer than lead batteries. The Stealth with those batteries is $13 and they told me it was about a $1200 option. Real nice folks, though.

BAF
blaynef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
BlackHornet
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaynef13 View Post
The advertised 40 mile range is with Absorbed Glass Mat batteries. I don't understand how but they hold a charge longer than lead batteries. The Stealth with those batteries is $13 and they told me it was about a $1200 option. Real nice folks, though.
BAF

huh? haha please re-explain that last part
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Bad Boy Buggies / Stealth 4x4?????

Stealth=USA
Bad Boy= China

NUFF SAID...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Just a note on batteries for these carts. Bad boy runs a special trojan T145 as standard. Just bought 8 of em $1200 wholesale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as a 40 mile range, From my experence workin on them, Only way to get 40 mles would be to drive 10 miles to a 30 mile high cliff. I guess when it hit bottom it would have went 40 miles.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:17 AM   #6
TXPalerider
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
Just a note on batteries for these carts. Bad boy runs a special trojan T145 as standard. Just bought 8 of em $1200 wholesale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as a 40 mile range, From my experence workin on them, Only way to get 40 mles would be to drive 10 miles to a 30 mile high cliff. I guess when it hit bottom it would have went 40 miles.
Sounds like your thoughts are similar to mine.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:24 AM   #7
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

I live about 45 minutes from the Stealth plant where they build them. I went there one day right when they were closing for there regular buisiness hours but they had no problem in letting me in. Art Mott from Team Primos was there putting in an order for 5 more stealth buggies for the Primos boys. The owner and co-owner both brought me in and gave me a tour of the place and a great breakdown of the carts. As far as the AGP battery package, its for real. No I didnt drive the cart until the battery went down but these guys are straight forward and upstanding guys that back up what they say. The owner told me that the weekend before I was there, they took the cart to a flat track and actually put 58 miles on the cart. The cart is no doubt the most powerful production cart for hunting and offroading around. They have a long extremly, extremly steep ramp inside there building that he took me to. First thing he showed me was a braking system on this cart that when going down a steep incline like that actually acts like a jake brake on a big truck. He did not use the throttle or the foot brake and the cart went down really nice and slow. Impressed. Now I weigh 300 pounds and he was probably around 280. We took off up that ramp like it was nothing and was steadily gaining speed. Impressed again.
Another good thing about the cart is you have only 1 motor. You dont have one front and rear to worry about. The carts at one time had a belt that turned the drive shaft that went to the front end but they have changed that to a chain to further quiet the cart down. You can change from 2wd to 4wd on the fly no problem. 4wd steering was no problem. The stock 25" ITP mudders on 12" rims along with there awesome lift and suspension system makes for one heck of a ride. One mud slinging son of a gun. Check out the video on there site.
Guys, bottom line is if you have the money to drop on a cart for serious offroading this is the one. I have not bought one yet but I do plan on it without a doubt. This is one awesome critter for hunting. And before anyone says it, no I dont work for them or know anyone who does. I just know a fine cart when I plant my big butt in one. And like DirtySouth said.....Made in the USA!!!
turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
TXPalerider
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Turktrax,

Just curious. Do you know how they are priced relative to the Bad Boy.

I would like to see a side by side comparison of specs and features of them.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by turktrax View Post
I live about 45 minutes from the Stealth plant where they build them. I went there one day right when they were closing for there regular buisiness hours but they had no problem in letting me in. Art Mott from Team Primos was there putting in an order for 5 more stealth buggies for the Primos boys. The owner and co-owner both brought me in and gave me a tour of the place and a great breakdown of the carts. As far as the AGP battery package, its for real. No I didnt drive the cart until the battery went down but these guys are straight forward and upstanding guys that back up what they say. The owner told me that the weekend before I was there, they took the cart to a flat track and actually put 58 miles on the cart. The cart is no doubt the most powerful production cart for hunting and offroading around. They have a long extremly, extremly steep ramp inside there building that he took me to. First thing he showed me was a braking system on this cart that when going down a steep incline like that actually acts like a jake brake on a big truck. He did not use the throttle or the foot brake and the cart went down really nice and slow. Impressed. Now I weigh 300 pounds and he was probably around 280. We took off up that ramp like it was nothing and was steadily gaining speed. Impressed again.
Another good thing about the cart is you have only 1 motor. You dont have one front and rear to worry about. The carts at one time had a belt that turned the drive shaft that went to the front end but they have changed that to a chain to further quiet the cart down. You can change from 2wd to 4wd on the fly no problem. 4wd steering was no problem. The stock 25" ITP mudders on 12" rims along with there awesome lift and suspension system makes for one heck of a ride. One mud slinging son of a gun. Check out the video on there site.
Guys, bottom line is if you have the money to drop on a cart for serious offroading this is the one. I have not bought one yet but I do plan on it without a doubt. This is one awesome critter for hunting. And before anyone says it, no I dont work for them or know anyone who does. I just know a fine cart when I plant my big butt in one. And like DirtySouth said.....Made in the USA!!!
12 grand is a lot of money for a golf cart.my .02 cents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stealthcomposite.jpg (20.0 KB, 131 views)
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dock98 View Post
12 grand is a lot of money for a golf cart.my .02 cents.
No doubt! That's a big chunk of change. You can get them for less but for 12k you get all the bells and whistles. For me it would only be an investment towards my hunting which is my life. I dont really spend money on myself. Kind of a tightwad I guess. Once in a blue moon when I buy myself a toy I want the best.
turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery life
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts