lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2021, 03:15 PM   #1
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Unexpected Upgraded to Lithium

I sold off my less than one year old Die Hard Batteries, due to coming across a deal on 4 Allied Lithium 12v 50ah Batteries (about 2 years old).
I ordered Allied's recommended charger, and went ahead with the install.
Everything is basically the same except two less batteries and these came with the balancer.
My experience so far:
Lithium Batteries, all stock electrical components. 21" tires:
The Dramatic wight loss gave me a 2mph increase in top speed (21 now)
The Torque especially in the mid range and uphill seems to have improved quite a bit and steering and maneuvering seems much easier.
The jury is out on the ride quality. I have only driven my cart around the block a handful of times with the Lead Acids but I did not notice a difference in ride stiffness. My cart is a bit heavier then most others having a full fiberglass body and full glass windshield.

Range is not a major concern due to the cart usage being weekends only at a small campground. I don't anticipate driving it more than 10 or 15 miles per weekend maximum. Time will tell.

I don't have a long history with golf carts or consider myself a pro, but I can say, If you need batteries and have the means to spend a bit more for a simple drop in solution like this, don't hesitate. put the time in to research what specific AH and Amp Draw you need and go for it.
I am Very Happy I was able to do this.
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2021, 12:00 PM   #2
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Default Re: Unexpected Upgraded to Lithium

I used the same setup in my Yamaha g19 38v cart. Didn't bother with getting the Allied charger because they claim each battery has a built in BMS circut that
balances the individual cells so the battery will accept any voltage up tp 16v and then regulate/balance it down internally. Hope this is corrrect as I still use a old Lester 48v charger
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 07:43 AM   #3
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I had a funky charger set up before (just temporary) and was ready to buy the Summit II.
Then when this set up came my way, I figured it would be best to get the charger recommended by the manufacturer in order to squeeze as much life out of them as possible.
The Charger is due to arrive today according to Fed Ex Ground. Once installed I will get some new pics up.
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:26 AM   #4
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

I need to work on my numbers I ment 48v cart and max voltage 56 not 16, but after rechecking the Allied website, they claim your charge can put out to 59.5 volts and the batteries internal circuit will handle it.
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts