lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2021, 02:45 AM   #1531
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleasterling View Post
Okay guys, I've got a fun one. I've been using mine successfully for a long while now, no issues at all. I swapped computers to run a mini pc for data logging on my motorcycle (curtis 1238 and AC35), and now I can't get it to connect on either machine, old or new. I reinstalled software, have the correct access level set, redid the FTDI adapter settings, nothing. Software recognizes the adapter correctly, but I can't connect to the controller, with a no system found error.

Any ideas?

Oh, I should note that I tried the Spyglass and it is working without issue, so I don't think it is on the controller-end.
Did you allow it to have access to the internet at any time? Think it over. Even access to a wifi connection while driving?
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2021, 09:22 PM   #1532
coleasterling
Not Yet Wild

Figured it out. The adapter was jacked, nothing software related!
coleasterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:25 AM   #1533
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleasterling View Post
Figured it out. The adapter was jacked, nothing software related!
The adapter is firmware based more than hardware based. Do not overlook that!

Keep in mind, the EEPROM in the "1309 interface" can be overwritten via a remote connection, if and when it "checks in" online. It should NEVER be allowed to "check in". That is rule #1 for anyone working their own solution. Disable all ability for the computer running the software from being able to access the internet! Do not allow it to check for software updates!
Old 04-21-2021, 05:31 PM   #1534
garolittle
Not Yet Wild

I’ve been lurking on these forums for a while but have been hesitant to post a question because I do not own a golf cart. However, I do have an electric go kart with and AC15 motor and 1238E controller. I’m getting a persistent error code #12 which indicates overcurrent. The problem is, I get the error code just by switching on the ignition. There’s literally no current. I made a 60-second video to demonstrate the problem. I have tried everything in the Curtis Controller manual regarding this particular error code. Thanks for any feedback or ideas you guys can offer. This forum is awesome. Here is the link......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXkkUAYLvFM
garolittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:54 AM   #1535
cricketo
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Yea, it's easy to corrupt the installation when messing with the levels. Also, if you go online with it, Curtis interacts with all programming stations that are online via the code that checks for license agreement compliance and software updates. When the log of what you are doing or have done hits the Curtis server that monitors software user activity, they can shut you down by removing your authorization to use the software for violating their license agreement. The problem with Windows 10... You have absolutely zero control over internet access if your internet connection is configured for operation, whether you know that your computer is actually online or not. All versions of Windows post Windows 7 have removed the TCP/IP stack from software control (like firewalls/VPNs) and have those functions integrated in the OS itself. So, there is no way to firewall or deny the OS from turning on or accessing the internet connection. Instead, firewall software can only firewall installed software (increasingly being called Apps) from the OS. This was done as part of the settlement that Microsoft made with the Justice Department over the AntiTrust lawsuit filed by the DOJ. This means that all Microsoft OSs newer than Win7 are compromised, and cannot truly be secured.

I demonstrated this fact to a firewall company that was advertising their product to be hackproof, at a trade show in Atlanta. I watched their presentation, and warned them about their claim in front of the rest of the audience. They stood by their claim, despite my warning. They were running a webserver for the show on a computer at their booth, protected by their firewall. I asked if they wanted a demonstration than NOTHING connected to a network is truly secure. They accepted, and I made them sign a document giving me permission to hack their supposedly secure server, using nothing more than a netbook connected to the wifi in the Arena that the show was in. They signed the document, I retrieved my netbook from a friends booth, and within 5 minutes I was in full control of their "protected" server!

Now granted, I taught NSA/CIA level hackers how to compromise any networked computer, running any OS, anywhere in the world. Secrets that I am forbidden to share due to national security regulations. But the hack on their server was much simpler. No NSA/CIA techniques needed to be used, because their vulnerability was one that most "script kiddies" could have pulled off, if they had downloaded the correct tools.

The reason that I run Linux as my OS on all of my computers now. Still vulnerable to an NSA/CIA level hack, but not to the "script kiddies" mentioned prior. The laptop may be vulnerale in that manner, but the hardware I use is seperate from that computer, disconnected all the time, except when I am using it as a programming station. When being used for that, it is not connected to any network. I will explain...

If I must run any Windows based software, it is running in a totally isolated Virtual Windows 7 environment, cut off from all I/O that is not specifically allowed. This means no internet, no access to the OS HDD, or even most of the USB ports on the laptops that I use. Only one USB port is configured, as the location of the virtual machine.

There is a USB hub configured to support the programming interface, the mouse used for that virtual environment, the drive that contains the virtual machine data and software, and a USB stick for import/export of files or updates. That hub cable stays disconnected from the laptop, until I am actually ready to use it as a programming station.

Not everyone requires that level of digital security. But anyone that intends to use the programming software in a manner inconsistent with the terms of the Curtis license agreement, had better take care that they follow my warnings. You are vulnerable to discovery, interference with your computers operation, and even legal action. Like a Diplomat, I am immune from prosecution. It's a part of my National Security classification. But most of you wanting to do these things do not have the protections that I have.

DO NOT ACCEPT THE VACCINE! It does permanent harm to your DNA! There are uses for mRNA in vaccine development, but NEVER in a vaccine itself. It is used for creating genetic mutations of target DNA sequences. Not something you want happening inside of your body. If you don't believe me, just go to the CDC website and search the database of deaths of those that were vaccinated. They go to great lengths to try to make it look like the vaccine was not at fault. How many deaths are required before people wake up to this "Plandemic"? Ask a scientist that works with genetics, most will tell you the truth in person. Hundreds have spoken out, and their announcements are systemattically being deleted because it does not fit the desired narrative. I hope this site does not censor this information.

Bob
Holy smokes, just came across this post, and it's pure comedy!
cricketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:20 PM   #1536
jake292
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
The adapter is firmware based more than hardware based. Do not overlook that!

Keep in mind, the EEPROM in the "1309 interface" can be overwritten via a remote connection, if and when it "checks in" online. It should NEVER be allowed to "check in". That is rule #1 for anyone working their own solution. Disable all ability for the computer running the software from being able to access the internet! Do not allow it to check for software updates!
I have a 1309 clone cable that I purchased that worked fine on my 1236se about 6 times, then not at all. It pops up a window that says to connect to a system. I tried making a new cable but, it can't connect either and now I've tried so many times that I'm starting to worry that there's something wrong with the controller itself. Is that a possibility? Seeing the quoted info that "the interface can be overwritten" makes me hopeful the controller is alright.

Odd question section: Is the procedure for fixing a 1309 that has been overwritten any different from the procedure to make a new cable? Is there any overwrite problem with the computer I was using or is the problem just in the cable?
jake292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:53 AM   #1537
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake292 View Post
I have a 1309 clone cable that I purchased that worked fine on my 1236se about 6 times, then not at all. It pops up a window that says to connect to a system. I tried making a new cable but, it can't connect either and now I've tried so many times that I'm starting to worry that there's something wrong with the controller itself. Is that a possibility? Seeing the quoted info that "the interface can be overwritten" makes me hopeful the controller is alright.

Odd question section: Is the procedure for fixing a 1309 that has been overwritten any different from the procedure to make a new cable? Is there any overwrite problem with the computer I was using or is the problem just in the cable?
The software in the computer can be altered, the interface eeprom code can be altered. and a connected controller can be altered. All is at risk if you are online when you are using the programming station! Which is why I warn to nrever go online with these systems!
Old 06-07-2021, 07:56 AM   #1538
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketo View Post
Holy smokes, just came across this post, and it's pure comedy!
I'm glad for you that you find the science amusing. Since that was written. dozens of other scientists have come forward, only to be silenced by the mainstream...

The general concensus of the experts is, 36 to 48 months of life left from the time of vaccination. For those lucky enough to make it that far. The damage to the cells of the body is just too widespread.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:15 AM   #1539
jake292
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
The software in the computer can be altered, the interface eeprom code can be altered. and a connected controller can be altered. All is at risk if you are online when you are using the programming station! Which is why I warn to nrever go online with these systems!
As hard as that is to hear, I appreciate the response Bob. Do you think if I purchase an official 1309 it would connect or is the controller unable to be programmed ever again?
jake292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 09:53 AM   #1540
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake292 View Post
As hard as that is to hear, I appreciate the response Bob. Do you think if I purchase an official 1309 it would connect or is the controller unable to be programmed ever again?
They probably updated the 1236SE to require a dual mode interface (Logic Level inverted serial/CANbus) like the new 1309 interface. A hacked interface will not communicate with a newer or updated 1236SE...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts