lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2021, 02:18 PM   #1
TropicFury
Not Yet Wild

Default Program setting to increase Torque

Hi All,

New member here. I've had my Icon 40L for 6 months now and have received great advice from this forum and have made a programming cable and downloaded the NEOS software and increased my top speed setting.

The biggest issue I seem to have performance wise is the torque. What setting and value do I need to change to get more torque when I am driving up a 15 degree inclined paved road from a stop? The cart really seems to struggle trying to accelerate in this situation and feels sluggish when carrying 4 adults.

Thanks for any recommendations!!
TropicFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 06:06 PM   #2
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Program setting to increase Torque

This is the same problem I am trying to figure out. I have been taking some pretty big swings at a few of the settings without much luck. I'm wondering if it's a power/motor issue as opposed to a setting issue.

I lowered the fwd acc rate which definitely increases torque off the line. So why doesn't that stay consistent when at higher speeds or going up a 15% grade?

I wish I could find a glossary of terms related to EM settings. This would make it a lot easier! I searched an hour last night with no luck.
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:21 PM   #3
TropicFury
Not Yet Wild

I'm wondering if line 144-148 "NT Limit Torque Point" would fix the issue? Maybe increase "B" to 175-180 and increase "C" to 125-150? I'm guessing maybe these torque percentages correlate to the "Speed Points" settings above? Maybe Speed Point B is 7 miles an hour and the Torque Point B would mean 140/200 at 7 miles an hour, etc...?
Old 03-13-2021, 07:59 PM   #4
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicFury View Post
I'm wondering if line 144-148 "NT Limit Torque Point" would fix the issue? Maybe increase "B" to 175-180 and increase "C" to 125-150? I'm guessing maybe these torque percentages correlate to the "Speed Points" settings above? Maybe Speed Point B is 7 miles an hour and the Torque Point B would mean 140/200 at 7 miles an hour, etc...?
So I messed with these yesterday and didn't notice a difference. Torque point A is 200 while I changed all the others to 160. I changed speed point A to 20 and went up in intervals of 10 for the rest. I'm thinking about changing all the torque points to 200 and see what happens.
Old 03-14-2021, 04:39 PM   #5
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
So I messed with these yesterday and didn't notice a difference. Torque point A is 200 while I changed all the others to 160. I changed speed point A to 20 and went up in intervals of 10 for the rest. I'm thinking about changing all the torque points to 200 and see what happens.
Setting these lines at 200 didn't do anything on freshly charged batteries.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:45 PM   #6
TropicFury
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelandposse View Post
Setting these lines at 200 didn't do anything on freshly charged batteries.
Thanks for trying!! I didn't have time to experiment with mine today. I had to fix a horrendous squeaky bolt at the bottom back of the front seat crossbar.

Then I added 2" wheel spacers all the way around for better balance since the suspension is extremely light in my opinion. I hope someone shares their knowledge of an aftermarket stiffer coil spring upgrade/option if they've successfully tightened up their suspension.

I'll use your advice and lower the acceleration setting from 7.5 to 6. Maybe that will help just to get some extra momentum from a stop.
Old 03-20-2021, 04:02 PM   #7
Virjose
Not Yet Wild

Got this info from someone who knows a lead mechanic for these carts if you want to try it

Under the accel torque release rate setting move the max (try min if max doesn’t work) from-10.0 to -15.0 and if it needs more then go to -20.0

Let me know if you notice a difference. I don’t have a cable so I can’t try it out yet.
Virjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:10 PM   #8
TropicFury
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjose View Post
Got this info from someone who knows a lead mechanic for these carts if you want to try it

Under the accel torque release rate setting move the max (try min if max doesn’t work) from-10.0 to -15.0 and if it needs more then go to -20.0

Let me know if you notice a difference. I don’t have a cable so I can’t try it out yet.
Thanks! I hope to try this out soon and report back.
Old 03-04-2024, 03:41 PM   #9
jaybitzer
Not Yet Wild

Did anyone ever figure out how to get more torque while going up an incline? I can be going full speed of 30mph and once I hit the hill it goes down to 18-20mph. I have a bridge I have to go over on every trip so would love to be able to keep my speed.
jaybitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 09:23 AM   #10
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybitzer View Post
Did anyone ever figure out how to get more torque while going up an incline? I can be going full speed of 30mph and once I hit the hill it goes down to 18-20mph. I have a bridge I have to go over on every trip so would love to be able to keep my speed.
Don't think much will help that, except switching to Lithium. Same issue here, but not on my other cart with Lithium used in the mtns. I have found common with most carts, unless they are programmed to stay below 15-18mph top speed.
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon