lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2021, 10:53 AM   #1
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rear coilover shock mounts exterior of leaf

Hey all looking for input and thoughts on this one...

See pictures for mock ups.

With the Navitas 5KW motor, not surprisingly, the driver side coilover doesn't fit. Several options, including going to a stock shock in the rear. However, I've not given up on the coilovers just yet.

Key point here is the rear will be disc brakes and the disc brake bracket is very small compared to a typical drum backing plate. Plus all the disc brake hardware is on the bottom side of the axle. Anyway, running a Jake's long travel in the front and based on searches it appears most have to run a 3" spacer in the back to match the front wheel track (rim offset dependent of course).

So one thought is fab a new top shock mount bracket moving the drivers side lower shock mounting hole rearward almost 2 inches. I'm not in love with that geometry but it would work.

The other thought I had because of the disc brakes is flip the shock mounts so the bottom of the shock mounts outside the leaf spring. It appears because of the disc brakes in the back and the 3" wheel offset it will work perfectly. That essentually has the shocks leaning in at the top - in a similar fashion as the front coilovers on the jakes kit.

Anyway, just thinking and wondering if anyone has tried that or am I missing something that make this a dump idea.

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg updated rear shock.jpg (124.7 KB, 0 views)
Micbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
coilovers, disc brakes, jakes, shocks, wheel spacers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO