lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2021, 08:09 PM   #1
Rckeat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Medalist lift kit fit?

So I am completely new to golf carts, but had the good fortune to be gifted a 1995 Medalist. It runs, and is in reasonably sound mechanical condition (I think) other than a sticky brake pedal and some superficial rust on the frame.

The batteries were 5 years old and hadn't been charged in about a year and a half. But I was able to get them charged enough to make a few trips around the block, albeit not very quickly.

So I bought new batteries today and will install them once I do a little more cleanup. Assuming it runs strong with the new batteries, I would like to add a lift kit and bigger tires and rims. If it doesn't run strong, I may sell it and cut my losses.

So 2 questions for the experts here.

1. Will the lift kits fit my cart that are advertised for a 1994 to 01.5 that are designed for the TXT? It seems like the TXT didn't exist until 1996 but maybe I'm wrong. From what I see on some sites, the 2 models appear interchangeable in those years.

2. Should I even consider the lift kits I see on Ebay that are much less expensive (like $100 vs. $350)? It's hard for me to see $350 worth of value in a 6" drop spindle kit but admittedly, I don't know.

All responses and recommendations are appreciated as well as any other advice anyone cares to share. Thanks folks!
Rckeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2021, 07:57 PM   #2
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Re: Medalist lift kit fit?

From what I understand the 1994 1/2 Medalist (metal body) is the early version of the TXT (plastic body).
I believe most parts up to a 2013 TXT are compatible except for the steering columns. (3 bolt vs 4 bolt where it bolts at the floorboard).
As far as lifting it depends on how high you want to lift the cart.
I cannot comment on the available lift kits since I lifted my 1994 1/2 Medalist about 2 inches in the front by mounting the front leaf springs above the front axle (stock front springs are mounted under the front axle) I lifted the rear by making longer shackles for the rear springs.
I currently have 20x8.00x10 tires on my cart.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:33 AM   #3
Rckeat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Sideways for your reply. I was able to determine that both the Jakes and Rhox 6" drop spindle kit will work on the Medalist. Everything seemed to point me in that direction, and your comment suggests that the Medalist and TXT of similar vintages are the same other than one being a metal body and the other being plastic.

New batteries installed yesterday and it does everything it is supposed to do. Lift kit, tires and rims are next and then I'm done. Thanks again.
Old 09-17-2021, 08:07 PM   #4
Sideways
Gone Wild

Awesome, post pictures of your progress.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:36 PM   #5
binder49
Gone Wild

Going with bigger tires and rims is going to also need a controller and solenoid upgrade. Your stock controller will probably not last long. On my 1995 Medalist I installed an Altrax XCR400DCS controller and a heavy duty solenoid. Made a huge difference.
binder49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:54 AM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckeat View Post
and then I'm done.
Ha! He thinks he'll be done! I said that once too. Then I went lithium and said I was done. Then I got a new controller and said I was done. Then I got the 3 mode personality switch and said I was done. Then I got the bluetooth programmer for Alltrax and said I was done. Then I got the Ausco disc brake kit....

BTW, the disc brake kit is great. I installed the kit last night and the braking performance is much better.

Welcome to the addiction!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:05 PM   #7
Rckeat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh jeez. What have I gotten myself into?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO