lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2019, 01:29 PM   #11
iainlbc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Identifying 2000 TXT EZGO Model, Increasing Speed/Torque, Fixing F/R switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Zincode Who ever gave you the info on the DCS cart was Wrong. The DCS cart is a good cart. You can get any parts you need for the DCS. To fix the F/R cost about 10 to 20 dollars. And A controller for a DCS cart does not cost 700 dollars. You can get a new controller for this cart for around 400 dollars. Just like any other TXT - DCS - PDS cart
ALLTRAX XCT-48300-DCS 300 AMPS EZGO DCS 95-99
$398.00
Appreciate your input. Do you have any place I can call or order online a FR switch? Should I try contacting EZGO directly? I checked out buggies unlimited previously and couldn't find a puck style. I wonder if I even need this puck style thing or can just switch to a newer F/R switch with a rocker and stuff.

Ill keep digging in the forum im sure this info is somewhere!

Cheers,
iain
iainlbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #12
iainlbc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Identifying 2000 TXT EZGO Model, Increasing Speed/Torque, Fixing F/R switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Okay, before you do anything more. Flip the Run/Tow switch to Tow, disconnect the pack negative wires and pull the controller cover. You may have an early PDS cart so pull the cover and post a picture of what you see first. Also check the driver's side of the motor at the end to see if there is a grey wire coming out it. If yes it is definitely a PDS.. . One more place to look for a serial number is on top of the rear frame rail right next to the right rear tire. Ezgo engraved quite a few of them there. It might take a mirror to see it..

Edit.. removed my comments about the 12V stuff. Yours has some sort of box on the floor on the drivers side that is connected to the rear center battery neg post and drivers side front battery plus. That is probably your 12 volt feed.
Thanks very much kgsc,

I will check this after work today evening
Old 07-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

And More !! Look here at post number 12 http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-issues-2.html The FNR can be replaced with a DPDT switch and housing made for a Club Car, or at least that is what I have used.. About $25 in parts
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:02 PM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

iain, you can build a totally reliable bad a$$ cart with what you have....I built a DCS for my nephew as a hunting cart. it does everything you want yours to do and more.

PIC65.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Not enough of the hockey puck can be seen to tell if it is a DCS or an early PDS.

A closer look at the motor is another giveaway and easier to get to than removing the controller cover.

All four studs on a DCS motor were the same size and were labeled A1, A2, S1 and S2. The DCS motor does not have a speed sensor.

The A1 & A2 studs on a PDS motor were larger than the studs labeled F1 & F2 and the end cap has a gray cable coming out of the center for the speed sensor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:26 PM   #16
iainlbc
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of the support/advice. There was a number under the body/frame above the near passenger wheel. Best I can tell the number is:
71812-G01 RH
E9600

I did not see a wire coming out of the end of the motor on driver side

Snapped a few pics before wife made me drive her to dinner on the cart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2019, 09:33 PM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That is the part number for the fender flare. Look on the steel bar it is attached to closer to the motor. It will be front to back and about 3/4 wide rail.

With no wire it is more than likely a dcs
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #18
iainlbc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
That is the part number for the fender flare. Look on the steel bar it is attached to closer to the motor. It will be front to back and about 3/4 wide rail.

With no wire it is more than likely a dcs

Thanks kgsc, I have a lot to learn...

I don’t see anything on the frame/steel anywhere. Will pull the controller cover tomorrow, it’ll be good to check the wiring there anyways

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2019, 05:52 AM   #19
rib33024

Quote:
And More !! Look here at post number 12 http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-issues-2.html The FNR can be replaced with a DPDT switch and housing made for a Club Car, or at least that is what I have used.. About $25 in parts
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:59 AM   #20
rib33024

Ok When it breaks Junk It

The only reason your having so many problems with your DCS cart , Is because of the trailers and the load your are pulling with the DCS cart. Not made for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincode View Post
Thank you for your reply to my spot on comment. After carefully rereading my post I am going to stand behind all my statements. I only posted on my experience with this cart. And I know because I have kept it running for ten years now. This cart is used weekly in a table rental business. Business has operated successfully for 15 years now. Currently operates 4 ezgo golf carts. My entire post is about MY experience with this cart. I also own a 36v series cart, 48v PDS and a 48v 8 battery MPT1000. I don't modify my carts as they are used in a business that I require reliable usage and easy availability to replacement parts and knowledge of existing systems. I have no problem with the aftermarket other than access to replacement parts and knowledge of there systems. I have found alot more factory parts available from local dealers and online than aftermarket suppliers. Matter of fact there is not a local dealer of Alltrax controllers in the Tampa Bay area. I have even considered possibly becoming a dealer of Alltrax as I understand they have easier to access software by the end user and built in safety systems to protect the actual circuits of the processor. This original poster is brand new to the world of golf carts. Yes there is very good support here and on Facebook but does a new guy want to jump into modifying and custom world before becoming knowledgeable on the original workings. He seeking advise about his current situation. I was giving him good examples of what to expect on a cart this old with a system as old as the one on his cart. I was no way bashing DCS as I continue to operate one just so I gain knowledge on that platform because it was the predecessor to the PDS system.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo txt 2000
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO