lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #11
habitualeyer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stumped on 48 V cart

removed both diode and resistor...still nothing. Plugged charger in and it does turn on.
habitualeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #12
habitualeyer
Not Yet Wild

After running through all the steps on the troubles shooting chart...this is where I fail.

Positive connection at terminal #2.
Now place the black negative lead from the volt meter to terminal #1 and connect the red lead of the volt meter to battery #1 positive connection. Activate the system and again if you are not reading 12/24/ 36/48 volts you have confirmed that battery negative is missing. Again depending on the system the Buggy is using the missing negative will need to be traced to its source. Some systems supply the negative from a controller output or with some Club Cars the computer. Most gas cars use ?frame? ground. Electric cars do not use a frame ?ground?. You can determine this by the use of the correct wiring diagram.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #13
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

That doesn't help me at all, where are you getting this from?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #14
habitualeyer
Not Yet Wild

Hi Scooterman,
I found this troubleshooting chart...that's where I got the info. I think same document is on this site somewhere as well...but I could not find it today.

http://www.offroadcarts.com/guru_janfeb09.htm
Old 05-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #15
habitualeyer
Not Yet Wild

I may try tonight running a jumper from negative small post on solenoid to last battery negative post. If cart works....would this automatically mean a bad OBC ???
Old 05-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #16
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_3/chpt_3/1.html
To answer your Diode question, read this but basically to pass current through the diode negative on the band side (cathode)

All you need to do to test that solenoid to to put full 48 volts across the coil to energise it, yoU can do this on a bench to hear it clicking.
If it is working then this isn't the problem, time to look elsewhere for your issue.

FIND YOUR SCHEMATIC HERE.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html
Old 05-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was looking at your schematics, Crash said check your micro switches, looks like you have several. The schematic on the second page I sent you is colored easier to follow than the first one. There are several possibilities that is preventing your solenoid from getting signal, the controller is one, but you will need to do some testing and eliminations, it is tedious if your not familiar with the wiring on your cart but is is a good lesson to learn for future repairs etc anyway, break it down and post the questions and what your doing here.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:54 AM   #18
habitualeyer
Not Yet Wild

I jumped from small #2 neg post on solenoid to last battery neg post. Solenoid clicked and cart worked. I guess I have a bad obc? Will temporarily jump until I can get a new obc unless you think this could be damaging. Any more tests I can do to make sure obc is bad (and not a connection or similar?).
Old 05-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can make the wire permanent and use the cart without worries. The obc has failed in it's ability to provide the negative side of the activation circuit. However, this will bypass the charger receptacle safety cut off.
Be aware the cart can be driven off with the charger plugged in if you bypass this obc feature and run the charge cord through the steering wheel before plugging the cart in to prevent accidents.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #20
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would not buy the obc, unless you know that was it. Hold on I'll see If I can get ScottyB to help, he is more familiar with these older carts.

LOL he beat me to it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car