lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 16hp briggs in club car

i finally found me a motor for my carryall... running 16hp briggs a buddy of mine found and gave to me... hellava deal,,,, anyways... i have a 97 cc carryall (changing transaxle to ccw) i havent been able to find anything on the cradle,, can you reuse the old cradle with no mods??? if you do could someone enlighten me.. another question is the carb has the air intake on top mounts flat, is there an adapter they make to be able to use my stock air filter assy.... or better to use the briggs air filter assy???
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 16hp briggs in club car

I was about to put this similar question in the gas CC forum. I have a 99 DS and I want to swap a BB and I have a ccw rearend. I was wondering if I have to use the 86 engine cradle with this ccw or can I still use my 99 engine cradle with a ccw rearend?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

bd--- hope you get more help then i do when i ask a question
Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Im thinking we can as the engines seem the same from 92 on up other then the ccw change to cw rotation. I have both carts but work and family has got me tied up until I can actually spend time looking into this further. I need to put an 86 ccw rearend into my 99 so I can BB it. I dont know which cradle is better to use but I guess I/we will find out the hard way over the winter time. Well if you wanna call tx winter a true winter.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

bd- i dont think you can use the cw cradle with a ccw rear unless you put some kind of crossmember to bolt it to... then the xmember would be in the way of the belt,, if my visioning is correct....

i c where ccp offers new cradles for ezgo and yam,, but not for cc... i wsa hoping someone that has done a bb build on a cc would help with it before i start my build but looks like ill be learning on my own but i will let you know what i figure out...

still lookng for the ccw transaxle... waiting on a phone call from guy in dallas area....
Old 08-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had to buy a complete cart for the ccw rearend from san antonio. I only paid $300 for it + fuel but it was cheaper than buying and shipping it to me. The cart doesnt have the body or seats but was still owrth it cause of the rearend. It is hard finding one or you have to be quick when you find one as they sell quick.

Are you sure about the cradles? I havent looked at either cart just yet as i am lazy right now. But how do others do it when they only buy the rearend for a ccw swap? I didnt see where they said they had to do a cradle swap also
Old 08-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

i couldnt find where anyone says either that why i asked for some info.... the cw cradle mount direct to the front of the transaxle housing adn if i remember correctly the ccw mounts to teh axle tubes(i guess what you call it,,,)
Old 08-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #8
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

here is a pic of the pre 97 cradle(if i did it right) and rear axle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.jpg (8.5 KB, 29 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!