lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
kyiana
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default 1994 Columbia P4G Parcar

My wife bought an old Parcar for realestate.
It didn;t hardly run, after $600 for initial cost, I have put another $1400 in it to get it running.
No Golf cart company will work on it.
It has a new piston, rings, cylinder, oiler, carb, carb body, reed valve (daisey wheel), plugs, and I can't think of all the other new parts right now. (my temper is raising even as I type this).
I recenly plugged off the oiler and added oil to the gas.
If I coke it and crank it long enough I can get it to run a little.
Someone told me I need to rebuild the bottom end.
A person at a golf cart company said don't do it. The piston and cylinder should have gotten it running, then he said to sell it as soon as I can.

It looks great now, Corvette red, white and red naugahide seats, and some diamond plating and nice looking hub caps.
Can anyone help? Anyone know anyone around Louisville Ky that can fix it.
I honestly thought after all the work it would just be a timing issue and carb adjustment.
I really need the help, due to being out of money LOL
kyiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Rollin Hard
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1994 Columbia P4G Parcar

sounds like a fuel problem

check and reset the float level if necessary, disconnect the oil pump, premix fuel into the gas tank. make sure to plug the hole on the carb where the oil line went to as it will suck it in air and cause it to run super lean.
Rollin Hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
kyiana
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

I forgot to mention that I put on 2 new fuel pumps.
I felt like it was lack of fuel to the engine as well.
I was hesatant in doing anything to the float due to it being bought brand new.
Do you know what the setting is on the float? Do you know what the initial settings on the carb should be? (how many turns?)

I really appreciate you responding to my cry of HELP!
kyiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

welcome to BGW.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Lets go step by step you say it tries to start choking it. Is this a seperate pump and carb? If so pull the line off the carb and see if it spurts fuel. You did not say if you took a compression test on it.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
1UKman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Compression should be 100 psi in forward and 105 in reverse/did you check to see if you have vacumm going to center of fuel pump (other end of vacumm hose goes on intake next to carb)the way I was told to adjust carb was to lightly seat the screw and then back it out 1/2 to 3/4 turn. I know what you mean about trying to find service help in Louisville (I live about 40 miles from Louisville) you tell shops you have a columbia par-car and either they don't know what it is or act like you have a disease
1UKman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I have an old Harley Davidson and I am the only one I have found that will work on one. You will have to do the work your self. A new bottom end will not make it run better. Change the bottom end only if you need it. Crank seals could be the problem But ? I have always thought about these rules when I am stuck. It takes three things for an engine to run: 1 ample compression 2 proper fuel mixture to the cylinder 3 a spark at the right time. If all these things ars present the machine should run. Many times I have thought all were there but usually I was wrong! You have a very good cart. Good luck!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
scubajoe
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

This seems to be a theme with Par Cars. Mine is an '89, so I assume yours is a 4-stroke (mine is only a 2-stroke), but basically having the same problem. I checked spark, rebuilt carb (including new float), and rebuild fuel pump. I have to "self prime" it, but once it gets fuel it seemed to work OK, until this last time. Now I can't get it to start again. Started once, ran about 50 feet, and died. Not sure what kind of adjustment would be on the float. It just floats on a hinge. Was told needle valve could be getting stuck, so I'll have to check that again as well. Not sure what else to do with it.
scubajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

My 1976 HD is a 2 cycle and the fastest cart here except for the modified carts. I did not reference anything to a 4 cycle. The three requirements to run are the same as for any internal combustion engine. So it sounds like you have a fuel delivery problem. If you have a vacuum operated fuel pump the crankcase seals may be bad.... No crankcase vacuum = no fuel being pumped by the vacuum operated fuel pump! Also the check valve on the end of the fuel line at the bottom of the fuel tank may be bad and losing its prime. There are sites on the net that will show you how to set up your carb. Just search the Brand and model and you should have all the info you need.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
scubajoe
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Was referring to the original poster as to the 4 cylinder, but anyway, on mine, I already replaced the check valve in the tank, and I have pressure at the pump. Not sure how much pressure I SHOULD have, but if I had that number I could check it. It does have pressure though. Not sure if the tank should be "sealed" or not. The grommet that the hose goes through is toast, but I can't see why that would matter, since there is not pressure put into the tank (it just splashed fuel out the top when I drive).
scubajoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trouble shooting
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar