lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2015, 09:45 PM   #11
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default re: So I put the motor back in....

Sounds good. I'll check it out in the morning. One thing to note I don't get any click from the solenoid. I'll charge up the battery tonight and clean the crap out of the terminals and cables.
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #12
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok so jumping the two big posts just gives sparks. I don't get anything no clicks when pushing the pedal. I just went over the manual...wow...this is really gonna suck. So what do the sparks prove? Did I even jump the right side? Fuse looked good btw.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The starter did not turn the engine over when you jumped it? Did you jump it with a big screw driver between the big post on the solenoid? The only time I have seen where the starter did not turn over when the solenoid was jumped was when the starter had a loose corroded connection.One other time the starter was dead.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:06 AM   #14
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There are several connections on your starter/generator. I'd check them all. On my G1 the main cable from the battery the end had come loose and over time the post had corroded and it couldn't be tightened. That caused problems with cranking over for me.

I would go over every connection that can be tightened or unhooked. Pay good attention to any ground as well. If it was cranking and starting before then it should now.

Take a look at the wiring diagrams for the G1 and that may help you. Also, if you don't have one, get a test light and volt meter. Both can be invaluable for testing just such problems and can be purchased very reasonably at Harbor Freight.

Check here for your wiring diagram. Wiring!
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:49 PM   #15
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yeah the post from the battery is loose. I wasn't able to tighten it. Awesome
Old 12-23-2015, 08:09 PM   #16
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Cool glad you found it I did break the stud off on mine when i tried to remove the nut. I think the stud is replaceable. I found this out after I bought a new starter.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #17
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well I'm not sure that's the problem but it is very loose. I'll take the starter off and see what I can do about it. How is it replaceable? Do you have to take the starter apart? The worst part is that I have no way of knowing for sure befor buying a new starter. It was working fine. Not sure how it could have gone bad just taking the motor off
Old 12-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #18
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Starter probably isn't bad if it was working before. The cable just got moved when you were messing with the starter. If that's even the problem. You can try to pull on the cable to make a connection (Or have someone do it) to check it out. You pull and move it around and it should make connection if that's the problem.

To replace the stud, you do have to take the starter apart.

You may get lucky and can get the nut off. If so, a new cable end, new nut and a few washers to space it may fix you up without changing the stud.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:09 PM   #19
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yeah I'll take it off and see what I can do with it. I'll clean all contact points at a minimum. It's crazy something must not have been connected properly. I'll have to talk off the flywheel cover and check it all out. It's crazy I'm just not getting anything no clicks.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:34 PM   #20
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

So the cable itself is tight the stud is loose. I tried tightening it and the whole thing is turning.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha