lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
confusion
Not Yet Wild

Default surging 2003 cc ds

Hi, I have a 2003 club car DS 48 volt. My problem is when taking off it kinds bucks before it gets going. Also when going up a hill it will slow down to almost a stop then surge forward about 5 or 10 yards and repeat. It was doing fine until I had a party and was told 5 kids were in it going up the hill until it came to a complete stop. It does good on flat ground. Any suggestions?
confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: surging 2003 cc ds

Start with basics of checking voltage of pack with digital volt meter ( 50.96 volts ) and each battery ( 8 volt batterys 8.49 volts, 12 volt batterys 12.73 ). If all batterys test good it could be MCOR ( under passenger floor ) problems, or motor speed sensor on autboard end of motor?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
confusion
Not Yet Wild

Is there a way to test the MCOR?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

To test MCOR resistance First remove battery cables in exact way shown in owners manual. Then disconnect the 16 pin connector at the speed controller.
1-"With digital volt ohm meter set at 20K ohms, connect the ( PLUS ) meter probe to the YELLOW wire at 3 wire loom connection, connect the ( MINUS ) meter probe at PURPLE wire. With pedal not pushed the reading should be about 1K, then slowly press pedal should rise to 5.67 ohms and 7.43 ohms".
2-"With digital meter set at 20K ohms, connect the ( PLUS ) meter probe to the YELLOW wire, connect the ( MINUS ) meter probe to the WHITE wire with BLACK stripe. With pedal up the reading should be between 5.67K ohms and 7.43K ohms, with pedal pressed to floor reading should be about 1K ohms.
If not testing correctly replace".
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
BerkeleyLL
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have the same problem with a 2000 caryall 2 --- just wondering if you ever figured out what was wrong?
BerkeleyLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
confusion
Not Yet Wild

I'm not sure but i think it was in the key switch. One time i turned it on and went to back up, it wouldn't go so i cycled the switch a couple times and it hasn't surged since. Got lucky. Might be something to try.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car