lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
RayBruno
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help Painting My Plastic TXT Body

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the steps I need to take to paint my TXT plastic body. Overall the body is in good shape, I won't need to add any bondo type product. There are a few scuffs and scratches that I need to sand out.

Do I need to sand the entire surface to start?

Do I need to put down a primer coat?

I want to use spray cans, I don’t have a paint sprayer. Can someone recommend a decent type of spray can paint? One I can find easy.

Do I need to put some sort of sealer on the paint?

Thanks for any help.
RayBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
padheal
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help Painting My Plastic TXT Body

I recently painted my campground cart to look like a fire truck. I used a krylone fushion paint. I used their primer /enhancer first. Not as shinney as I had hoped for but still does the trick. All in jingle cans. seems to be holding up so far.. about 2 months so far.I quick sanded the scratches so not perfect . I will be posting the picture tonight if i get enough time.
padheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ray
There is a sticky in the paint and body section that explains how to prep plastic bodies for paint. If you have any questions on the paint portion make sure you let us know.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
RayBruno
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Master 66,
Thanks for pointing to your sticky, that was very helpful. Can you recommend any places to find a good putty for my scratches, adhesion spray? Also I will be using bomb spray since I don’t have a spray can set up, can you recommend a good product for that?
RayBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ray
Remember if you are going to use any body filler for scratches then you will have to prime it and sand it before painting, just make sure to do the adhesion before the primer. As far as spray can products goes they make a bulldog adhesion promoter and just as Padheal said the Krylon Fusion works is supposed to be a good product. As long as all the spray cans are the same system, ie; lacquer or acrylic enamel etc you should be fine.
As far as where to find them you will have to find either an auto parts store that carries paint supplies or an autobody supply store if there is one by you.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint