lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
monkeyboy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default What does everyone do with their stock stuff after upgrades?

It seems like their is a lot of people on the forum that upgrade motors, controllers, wheels & tires, and etc.
Do most of the upgrades come from needing to replace broken/worn out stuff? Or do you sell it? Or do you keep it for back up parts?
The reason I ask this is... It seems like there's hardly anywhere to find good used stock motors, electronics, and stuff. My cart has had a rough life just by looking at it. And I don't really plan on doing alot of mods. So mainly it's going to stay stock. But is there no such thing as "cheap replacment parts" for all golf carts?
If I had to replace my motor and batteries. For the price of the stuff new I could almost buy another cart in good shape.
Is there and golf cart junkyards on the internet? It just seems like there isn't very many used parts floating around the net.
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: What does everyone do with their stock stuff after upgrades?

"Cheap replacement parts"...are exactly what they are...cheap. We have a for sale forum where members sell allot of used cart parts.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

I have bought a used controller and charger from forum users who opgraded, changed, whatever. I have sold a used controller and charger the same way. I almost broke even on each deal. Keep your eyes peeled and be ready to deal when they come along.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
monkeyboy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea... The for sale forums was just what I was browsing thru. I just wish there was a golfcart junkyard or something. With as many people that have carts you would think there would be a surplus of used parts. I guess I'm just kinda venting. I picked up my cart and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get batteries for it. I did happen to get a deal on a charger off e-bay today. But... for the costs of some of this stuff. I figured I'd see more engine swaps in carts than what I do.
Eventually I'd like to get a gas cart rear and put in an atv motor in my cart later down the road. Or even just put in a go-kart rear axle. But costs wise it seems to be just as cost effective as upgrading all the electronics.
I guess I need to make some connections with all the golf ranges around... maybe they'd sell some parts....
Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

not much need for cart junk yards... if a cart comes in missing or damaged goods we replace with new parts and get good money sell a complete cart....
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
monkeyboy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea, I got a pretty good deal on this electric cart. I don't think $450 was bad for a working cart. But I think they new it was going to need batteries and got scared. I found a local battery dealer that said their good exide batteries run aroun $90 a peice. My cart had trojan 105's in it but 2 are from 2000, 1 from 2006, and 3 from 2008. And the '08 batteries are the weak ones. has anyone tried the battery restore kit things on ebay? I'm thinking I can't hurt my bats anymore.
I also thougt about buying the bats and cleaning the cart up and selling or trading for a gas one. I know I could profit in the long run. Just like you said "WickedCarts"
Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

You can try it but if you screw your batts up don't come here complaining.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
monkeyboy
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I won't complain. I was just asking if anyone has tried it on any kind of battery. I As for my weak one they're testing at 5.9 volts charged so they're good canidates for a trial and error. I'm already facing the facts that I'm just going to have to get a whole new pack.
And WickedCarts.... You guy out in Cali seem to have it so good when it comes to parts for anything. All my sportbike stuff, stuff for my iroc-z... it's all out there. Most stuff the shipping costs more than the parts. LOL! I'd move there but my ezgo would be the only thing that would pass emission's
Old 08-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #9
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Expensive to ship batteries. Besides thier weight, they are also a hazmat frieght which adds to the cost of delivery. SO find a local dealer for batteries.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:07 AM   #10
gaston
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedCarts View Post
not much need for cart junk yards... if a cart comes in missing or damaged goods we replace with new parts and get good money sell a complete cart....
Have to agree here.

There's a HUUGE industry happening right now, this is the good thing with golf cars, most of them are reconditioned, restored, re-manufactured, rebuilt, re-sold, re re re...
I have a few stock parts away from upgrades but they always come handy when services and repairs are needed. Most of them are stock controllers and chargers, items highly required for golf fleets.
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO