lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
rdawgman
Not Yet Wild

Default Plum Quick Motor Upgrade for CC Precedent

Anyone tried or familiar with the Plum Quick motor upgrade for a CC Precedent? Looking for more speed and torque for my 2016 CC Precedent.
rdawgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2020, 09:42 AM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Plum Quick Motor Upgrade for CC Precedent

Put an Alltrax controller on it. XCT48400 or larger and keep it dialed back until you upgrade the motor. On stock tires you should see probably 22-23 mph and gobs of torque.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawgman View Post
Anyone tried or familiar with the Plum Quick motor upgrade ....
I had our 2003 CC IQ motor rebuilt to a PQ Bandit mainly because it was a 17 year old motor and planned to upgrade the controller for more amps.
To get more speed and torque you need more amps.
To handle the amps you will also need heavy duty battery/motor/controller cables and solenoid.
With just the Bandit I did see a 3-4 mph improvement in speed, but I think it was mainly the 4-pole speed magnet it came with.
The Alltrax controller was a huge improvement.
With the OEM 10.3:1 OEM gears it would do 16-17 mph on flat ground and after all the upgrades 27-28 .
With the Alltrax controller the speed magnet is not a factor because when setting up the controller you must specify 4 or 8 pole speed sensor magnet.
As Reddawg454 said get an Alltrax controller and dial it back until you upgrade the rest of the system.
I got the 400a version because the OEM GE motor brush rigging is small and can only handle 400a according to Robbie at PQ.
Our cart goes fast enough and has plenty of torque for hills for our needs.
Get the 500a version if you want to go faster.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:35 AM   #4
rdawgman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely follow the advice and get the controller first. The cart has a 6inch lift and bigger tires.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:37 PM   #5
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. Will definitely follow the advice and get the controller first. The cart has a 6inch lift and bigger tires.
With an OEM motor/controller the larger tires will give you more mph than stock, but hurt your torque for hills.
Your larger tires should give about the same final drive ratio as my 10.3:1 gears and 18.5" tires.
Hills were a struggle with my stock Curtis controller.
Give PQ a call and see if your motor can handle 500a.
With a 500a Alltrax, 400a solenoid and 2 ga cables it should be a huge improvement.
Then see if you want more with a motor upgrade.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #6
rdawgman
Not Yet Wild

Is there anything else that i need to install with the Alltrax XCT48400 Controller.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #7
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Bigger solenoid and 4 ga.or 2 ga. cables are reccomended.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:01 PM   #8
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Is there anything else that i need to install with the Alltrax XCT48400 Controller.
Regrettably, my site sponsor seller NEVER TOLD ME that these wonderful instructions from Alltrax, as well as a drilling template, existed. I wish to the high heavens I had know about them before I did my install. I would also have been able to go the HW store to buy the necessary installation hardware (something else that was not disclosed until after the sale).

Highly recommend you print these out and have them with you:

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...torial-WEB.pdf

https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...NT-Install.pdf
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:42 PM   #9
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

I think what you’ll find out with an Alltrax purchase is they all get dropped ship from the northwest. Your labels won’t show that but the tracking will. Even with seller coding involved.

So choose the seller based on customer service and CC knowledge. Test the water prior to the sale with a couple of questions. If you find one that is responding timely and is knowledgeable in all things CC then you got a winner.

If you want to do this in steps you can have it dialed back to 300 amps and run everything Else OEM.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:18 PM   #10
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Carts Unlimited or Revolution Golf Carts would be my vendors of choice and are both site sponsors. When I purchased my Alltrax it certainly wasn't drop shipped and the vendor offered to set it up according to your wishes. Over and above service from both of these guys.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car