lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
yauponcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Did lift kit cause controller to die? What are controller options? 95 EZGO 25864G05

Just put a lift kit and tires on my EZGO (22x9/10 tires). Second day out, after about a 2 mile ride, I pressed the accelerator pedal, and the cart slightly lurched and then nothing. Batteries are 4 months old and voltage is fine. I've downloaded the tech manuals and followed troubleshooting steps successfully through step 36 where I have no voltage between B+ and M- with the key on, pedal depressed, in forward.......conclusion is "Replace Controller" I'm very new to this and have questions ...............I hoping for some guidance. Did my lift kit and larger tires put a strain on the controller and cause it to fail? What are my options for a replacement controller without changing anything else? The Curtis controller reads: P/N 25864G05. I've searched for that part number and don't find a lot of info (is this the same as a 1206 ??). Do I need to change to a higher amperage controller, or did this one just bite the dust from normal usage?
yauponcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Did lift kit cause controller to die? What are controller options? 95 EZGO 2586

Have you tested for the throttle input at the controller? The solenoid tested okay? The microswitch(es) tested okay? Sorry not familiar with your manual ....just sayin' these things need to be tested before you jump into a controller replacement. Also you never did tell us what type of system you have? Series? PDS?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Did lift kit cause controller to die? What are controller options? 95 EZGO 2586

The lift kit DID NOT cause a controller failure. The addition of larger than stock tires will increase the amp draw on the controller. If in fact it is a bad controller Alltrax is a great stock replacement.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
yauponcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, thanks......I tested the throttle input at the controller, solenoid works fine, and microswitches too - from my research here, it is not a PDS, I THINK it is a series - will look at alltrax - will going to higher amperage (400 A) likely cause any other probs?
Old 04-09-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The 22's are killing (killed) your stock controller. A 400a Alltrax should solve your problem, unless you have more plans for the cart.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
yauponcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice....I just ordered one.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

i agree go with the alltrax you are going to love it
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO