lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2021, 07:10 AM   #1
Mkonrath72
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 36v not moving, sometimes

Hello. What would be the first thing you check here. Half the time when I push the pedal down the cart moves as it should. Doesn’t matter if it’s forward or reverse. The other half of the time the cart doesn’t budge until I slam on the pedal a few times. Thx
Mkonrath72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 96 36v not moving, sometimes

You have a 26 year old cart.....Start at batteries and clean/replace all connections/cables as you work your way out thru the system. That's the first (and less expensive) thing to do. Even if a connection or cable "looks" ok, it's old and need to be thoroughly cleaned/checked and reconnected. If you still have problems, look under the "stickies" and do diagnostics. You can throw away a lot of money guessing.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 01:02 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Pedal switch.

EZGO uses the NC (Normally Closed) contacts to energize the solenoid and what closes the NC contacts is a little bitty spring that flexes every time the pedal is pushed and eventually looses its springiness or breaks.

Sounds like yours is about to give up the ghost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Microswitch- 600x750 with labels - edited.JPG (46.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:31 AM   #4
hawaiianstyln
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

remove the mat, open pedal box as JohnnieB mentioned above, jack the rear end up so both wheels are off the floor. Take your multi meter and set it on continuity and touch both ends of that while pressing on the pedal. You should get an alarm each time your engage the pedal. if it doesn't happen each time replace that accelerator micro switch. If it does happen each time it could be your ITS sitting right next to it the micro switch. Although I thought the ITS is either good or bad. Those parts are cheap off amazon/ebay, you could replace both considering the age of the cart. I did on my 95 last week.
hawaiianstyln is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO