lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #11
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Terra Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads245 View Post
MikesMotortoys, and anyone else, Stretch emailed me back and said that the G-22 Front Long travel never went into production because there was no demand. MikesMotorToys, how are the shocks on the Allsports, they seem nicer than the Jakes?
I've never seen or used an All Sports lift. A good set of coil over shocks will cost more than an entire kit. Find the kit you like (or what is available) and then find shocks that can fit the kit (if the supplied ones don't work the way you want them to). Just a side note. Just because a kit is called A - Arm, it may or may not be a long travel. Without forming another lift kit debate - The Strech kit and Terra toys are hands down the best in my eyes. Of course, there are other options. Kits are limited in cost, travel, performance and quality. The choice is yours on what to purchase.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #12
ads245
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I was just looking at earlier threads, and I noticed that you (MMM) replied to a complaint about the Allsports long travel. I think the complaint was because the long travel that the guy who started the thread was using wasn't using the nicer one that provided the adjustable shocks as shown below. Check the pictures below. This is a nicer one, tell me what you think. Not sure whether when you replied about Allsports if you were thinking of this one. Appreciate the advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 329-1_lrg.jpg (31.7 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg 329-2_lrg.jpg (29.2 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg 329-3_lrg.jpg (22.3 KB, 161 views)
ads245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #13
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks and operation are two different things. The kit 'looks' good. I have no experience with them - I am sure that there are others on BGW that own it, let's wait to see what they say!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #14
ads245
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good Point.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:42 PM   #15
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Good Point, but other people such as roady89 seem to think highly of it.
Ok, then go with that????
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #16
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
ya just buy it
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #17
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
I wouldn't go "that" far. Yes, I like the lift just fine. It's perfect for WHAT I NEED. I could have used a drop axle to get the same effect. There is nothing "wrong" with the stretch lift at all. The stretch is NOT what I needed for my build. Like I have said in the past and I guess I'll have to constantly repeat myself. "If I was riding the dunes or more serious off-roading I would use a stretch." About the most serious off roading my cart will see is the occasional trip through the grass going to the beach so theres no point in it. The quality of the Allsports lift by far is one of the best you can get for the money, the shocks are not made in CHINA, the welds look good and the steel isn't "cheap" and I believe the Stretch lift has the same level of quality. My next build, if I can get this one done will have a Stretch lift so no one thinks I'm playing favorites.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #18
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

we are getting a G22m in and we are going to use strch's long travel kit and modify it to work .. from my understanding the chassis is the same is the rack that is different.... this customer broke his rack and its $300.00 to replace so he wanrt something better. ill post pics of the mod as we work on it
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #19
ads245
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks, roady89, that was all I was looking for. WickedCarts, after doing a plethora of research on lift kits, I was looking at the Stretch for the Yamaha G-22, same as the Drive chassis. When I emailed Stretch to see what I would use for the rear if I went with the Stretch, they responded by telling me the kit for the G-22 doesn't exist, it never went into production because there was never any demand for it. The person at Stretch told me that if I went with the Stretch, I would need to use the G-19 kit (almost identical to the G-22 chassis) and make modifications to the steering arm, steering shaft and possibly the spindles to make it work, but he said it has been done. So, yes modifications would need to be done. Just thought I would add this bit of information, if it helps, but you probably already know this though.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #20
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Dude! you are starting to repeat yourself. Buy the kit you like, install it and give us your readers digest version on how you like it!
And before you jump in my mess, I've already been told i'm an azzhole!!!!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts