lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
finishyourproject
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Wiring diagrams?

If I hav an 87 club car, which wiring diagram do I use? In the tags, they list up to 85 and skip 86 & 87 and go from 88-03. Kina confused here.?.?.
finishyourproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring diagrams?

It has to be 1 of 2. You either have a resistor cart or a 5 solenoid cart.
To determine, look under the seat to the rear of the batteries and you will see either a row of resistors or a row of 5 solenoids (the solenoids wil have resistors behind them)....hope this helps you pick the right wiring diagram.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

There are more diagrams we just don't have them posted. How many solenoids does your cart have? If it has 5, use the 5 solenoid diagram, if it has 1 use the 1 solenoid diagram.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I just grabbed the 2 diagrams for a 5 solenoid cart. (nice solenoid blow-up) Armed with a grip of solenoids, micro switches, and some diagrams; I'm off to the ranch to fix their old CC. Nice selection of diagrams, Thanks!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
finishyourproject
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info guys, you have really been helpful. On a similar not, the main reasons I am having such a problem is 1, I have mainly worked on gas carts and the only electric carts I had worked on before were Cushman. 2, I don't know what the guy was thinking but, he has the wiring spliced and wire sizes so mismatched, it is a complete nightmare. For instance, on the battery wiring, he only has 2-3 stock wires. The remainder are 4 different gages from 6ga all the way to 0000ga. On the 0000ga wires the posts got so hot, they started to melt. It's nuts. Well, thanks again for all the help and if anything else comes up I will definately ask you guys.
finishyourproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I got my first GC in similar wiring disaster....I got a wiring diagram and tore everything out. It about 5 problems before and zero after. It really is the best way to go after so much cannibalism

By the way old 1983 CC cart I worked on today had 1 bad micro and 2 bad solenoids. It wasn't too bad to work on. Solenoids are kinda hard to get to so I just took the whole rack out with the micro switch accelerator box attached. Only two wires connect the micros to the cart and two cables connect the solenoid rack to the cart. 2 bolts hold the rack in. I had all 5 solenoids & the owner said change em all. It was nice to have it out to do it.
Owner complained of the cart being 'slow in reverse'. Cart had the 1/2 speed (18 volts) reverse. So I took the short red reverse power cable from the F/R switch and disconnected it from battery #3 and simply looped it back to the bottom of of the F/R switch at the other red power cable terminal. Like a big loop. Result is 36v F & R. Cart worked great first try! One more cart back to work on the ranch!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 PM   #7
ranch patrol
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey ScottyB where are you located at. We have a ranch here in Chino Hills. I have a 92 club car. We just aquired an 83 from a neighbor. Mine needs a new v-glide that just came in the mail today. 83 doesn't run but the batteries are shot. How's your carts hold up for ranch work ? Just curious as my guys are a little tough on things.
ranch patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:32 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm in Temecula. The Aunt's ranch where I was today is in Cherry Valley. They have one old Westinghouse 3 wheeler that has been tied to a feed cart for about 30 years. Two trips a day 7 days aweek....
they have an 85 ezgo converted to 48v controller, '83 CC, '82 Yamaha, and the old westie. All are doing well.
All of these carts have been driven & maintained by little old ladies..... and professionally repaired when needed. This makes a big difference, Some of the 'ranch help' is the same as the boys on the golf course maintenance crews. I have seen carryalls that have been destroyed in just 5 seasons...?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #9
ranch patrol
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will be in Temecula for 2 weeks in July. I am show manager for the AQHA show at the old Galway Downs equestrian center. They are actually going to rent my 92 CC from me for the show. I get to drive it & get paid for using it. That's why I have to put in the new v glide. Mine broke & fried the wires when it shorted out. We have 2 T/D crts also & a Cushman. The older 3 wheel T/D is a work horse. The others need some minor repairs. Hopefully the guys treat them better then the truck they're driving.
ranch patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:37 PM   #10
tkammerer
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: Wiring diagrams?

Hello, I'm new here. Just bought a club car 48v. Looking for schematics??? I heard this is this place for all the answers!!
tkammerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car