lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
lilpurks
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default FE350 Will Not Idle

Hey everyone. Ive been tinkering with this clubcar for over a month now trying to get it to idle. First off its a key start... It has a almost new carb, less then a year old, rebuilt motor.

It sat for a month and I noticed the idle vanished apon the first drive after sitting.

Heres what i did.

1.removed and cleaned out the entire carb. (all passage ways/ idle circuits)
2.removed all jets/screws made sure they were clean.
3.checked all intake gaskets for tears/vacume leaks
4.fresh gas and fuel filters

Same thing. you can turn up the idle screw really far so that it does idle, but then it surges(rpm wont stay put even with the throttle cable unhooked). the mixture screw makes no change as if the idle circuit is still just clogged

The cart drives fine. when you try to turn the idle screw down enough to adjust the mixture screw, it just dies out.

please, if any ideas come about, they will be much appreciated. thank you

Its a 01 clubcar pioneer bobcat
lilpurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: FE350 Will Not Idle

My villager 6 did the same thing if your cart is 5 pin ignition switch with an actual start position then hold the key in the start position and see if it is actually idling by checking voltage at the battery. If it does then check your micro switches on the back of your FNR shifter.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
lilpurks
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hey i checked the voltage and its not even charging anymore like it was a while ago. if you hold the key in the start position while running it will charge 14v. That confuses me. It is a 5 terminal key switch and its brand new also. Still will not idle so i have to throttle it some to keep it running. i ohm read the 2 micro switches on the F n R lever and they both are okay. Is there another micro switch somewhere? i do not see one in the black box nor the wiring diagram. Bad starter solenoid?

Its a prime day for golf cart'n around and its down :( geez
lilpurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

lift the rear seat that the engine is under and on the driver side down along the frame is a black plastic box almost triangle shaped. The throttle linkage comes from the gas peddle and from this box goes by cable to the rear to the govener then from there to the carb. There is a single screw in the top of the box you need to remove. The threads on it seam longer then you'd expect. That is where the 3rd micro switch is. I'll run outside in a little bit with my camera to get you pics of everything. On a side note I followed a thread on here about making your CC go faster. If you remove the rear access panel under the very back seat and loosen the nut on the govener just 3 turns with an 11mm wrench and squirt it with wd40 you can hit 20-23mph all day long.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car